Over the last couple nights I've noticed that my Turbo won't charge overnight. I often read or play games before bed and it seems if I have a few apps open and then plug it in it won't charge. If I close all the apps down then I've never had a problem.

I've also noticed it freezing up at times and then rebooting by itself if I don't close open apps.

Just curious if anyone else has had this?

The phone is great and at this point I don't care about Lollipop. We've had 2 S5 go bad with Lollipop and until they get the bugs all worked out I'll keep munchin the kitkat.
    05-08-2015 11:05 AM
    Over the last couple nights I've noticed that my Turbo won't charge overnight. I often read or play games before bed and it seems if I have a few apps open and then plug it in it won't charge. If I close all the apps down then I've never had a problem.

I've also noticed it freezing up at times and then rebooting by itself if I don't close open apps.

Just curious if anyone else has had this?

The phone is great and at this point I don't care about Lollipop. We've had 2 S5 go bad with Lollipop and until they get the bugs all worked out I'll keep munchin the kitkat.
    A few questions... Wireless or wired? If wired, have you tried tried a different cable and/or wall adapter? I personally experienced charging problems early on when using cheap wireless chargers, which I was able to resolve by wiping the cache partition (in my case, I had to completely discharge the phone to "dead" first).
    MA2GA28 and slcbtf like this.
    05-08-2015 04:24 PM
    A cache partition wipe may solve the issue, as it sounds like apps running in the background may be draining your battery faster than it charges (though not easy to do with a turbo charge and massive battery, if you are indeed using the Turbo Charger). FB, Maps/Nav, and YouTube are some typical battery drain culprits.
    TJ Kelly Jr and slcbtf like this.
    05-11-2015 10:07 AM
    It's wired. I will try clearing the cache. The turbo charger is being used, but with a different cable. The cable seems to work fine so I think it's app related. It did it again this weekend.
    05-11-2015 01:26 PM
    It's wired. I will try clearing the cache. The turbo charger is being used, but with a different cable. The cable seems to work fine so I think it's app related. It did it again this weekend.
    I'd look for any apps that are using gps with heavy frequency, or constantly sipping 4g. Snapchat was a huge battery hog on my Turbo so I recently removed it. Battery life is back up to 30 hours or so once I got rid of that app.

I could see you having a heavy battery drain if you use Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, and a smattering of free games (since those tend to use a lot of data). Also, you haven't mistakenly left Waze or another GPS-heavy app on by accident, have you? My wife didn't know she had to actually shut down Waze when she was done and found her battery draining pretty quickly (which makes sense).
    05-11-2015 03:53 PM
    Mine will occasionally hiccup and not charge fully on the wireless charger overnight. I have no idea why. The next night+ it does fine. A month or two later it may happen again.
    05-11-2015 05:41 PM