So if flashing a rooted image to a phone, you need to backup first so you can restore after flashing the new image right?

Well Titanium requires root and say you're not rooted but want to flash a rooted image so you can use Titanium but how do you backup then if you're not yet rooted and can't use Titanium which requires root?

I'm looking at MOFORoot which is $20, provides mofo.exe which allows flashing an image which I have downloaded the stock rooted OS but I don't want to lose all my apps and settings.

So how do you backup a non-rooted phone and then restore it onto your newly rooted image?
    05-08-2015 01:38 PM
    barring any mishaps, mistakes, or disasters, flashing a system image with MOFO won't touch your settings or installed apps or their data. It just replaces the core system image. The suggested backup is in case you accidentally nuke it and need to wipe everything and start over. You could do this with other non-root backup apps, which aren't as deeply integrated as Titanium but are better than nothing. YMMV, of course.
    05-12-2015 10:25 PM
    I kinda wondered about that but didn't want to learn the hard way. I think I'll wait a little longer to see what develops for the Turbo. I want root but curious if lollipop or any different root with write access is coming soon. Thanks for the reply!
    05-12-2015 10:28 PM