This happens when I'm using apps that have a large percentage of white screen space (Google Books, browser between page loads, etc), or at least that's the only time I've noticed it.

The whites on the screen are usually a cool white, but sometimes the entire white area of the screen will abruptly shift to a pinker hue and then back after several seconds. The first few times this happened I wondered if it was some kind of response to ambient light, like the auto dimming feature. However, I can't force it to happen, even by tilting/moving the phone or covering the light sensor right after it happens.

Has anyone else had this happen? Does it sounds like an indication of a malfunctioning screen and something I should talk to Verizon about replacing? It's not a problem, just puzzling, but I just purchased the phone about two weeks ago so if this is a sign of a defect I want to fix it before it does cause problems.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2015 07:48 PM
    I have noticed this in bright conditions. Looking at the screen outside on a sunny day, it seems to try to adjust itself depending on the page being seen.
    05-16-2015 08:33 AM
    One thing I've noticed is that when I go into bright sunlight the display dims and it won't get brighter again on its own after going inside unless I go into the display settings and increase the brightness. I haven't thought about the white screen space but I'll pay attention to that next time.
    05-16-2015 08:45 AM
    Since my phone was new (November 14) the top third if my screen is a bit reddish pink when on whitish/ greyish screens.
    05-20-2015 08:56 PM