Red frame flashing on phone, what is it?

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Red frame flashing on phone

In the past few days I've noticed, upon opening a new app, I get a red frame that flashes around my screen. I just updated Nova and did make some tweaks, but nothing I can attribute to causing this. Has anyone ever experienced something like this? It's pretty strange and only lasts a plot second upon changing apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
re:

Nova's new update is a complete redesign and a complete and utter mess. I've been a Nova user for a long time and this new update stinks. I'm sure they will fix things in time, but for now, you can revert back to the old version, and I bet ALL your problems will stop and be back to normal. I've had many issues since updating, went back to old version and all is good.

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

Are any Accessibility settings turned on? Or any Developer Options?

I actually just looked and I had a developer option on, that may make sense as to why this was happening; strict mode enabled.

I must have been fussing around in there. I unchecked that and haven't seen it since. Thanks for the idea!

Posted via the Android Central App

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Nova's new update is a complete redesign and a complete and utter mess. I've been a Nova user for a long time and this new update stinks.
Odd, I've had precisely zero problems with the new update, and I've been subscribed to the Beta versions.