I just bought the new Droid turbo. I have figured out how to get all of the apps I want to notify me when I have something new however I cannot get email (I'm using Gmail as my email) to notify me when I have a new email what am i doing wrong it's checked off i even checked it under moto it's one of the ones checked off as well what am I doing wrong???....help please
    05-17-2015 03:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Open Gmail, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>[your Gmail account], and make sure Notifications is checked. You can also Inbox Sound & Vibrate to choose a specific notification tone for that particular account. Is that where you were looking?

Also, go to Settings>Apps>All (in the main System Settings, not the app's settings), select Gmail, and make sure Show Notifications is checked.
    05-18-2015 01:14 AM
    Keep in mind the Turbo does not have any LED notifiers..just sound and icon on home screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-18-2015 09:24 PM
    I have a slightly different problem. For some reason, the new/unread email counter for K9 mail no longer alerts me to a new unread email. It was working fine until today. I tried uninstalling and installing the app, but that didn't work. I also tried installing the "Aqua" email app and that app did not work either so I'm thinking that I must have messed up something on the phone. By the way, if I go into the K9 app I can enable the notifications in the status bar (I don't like to use that because I get so much useless email) but the unread email counter still does not work. If it matters, I have a pop account.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    05-19-2015 04:21 PM