Why isn't my email notification on my Droid Turbo working?

A

AC Question

email notifications on droid turbo

I just bought the new Droid turbo. I have figured out how to get all of the apps I want to notify me when I have something new however I cannot get email (I'm using Gmail as my email) to notify me when I have a new email what am i doing wrong it's checked off i even checked it under moto it's one of the ones checked off as well what am I doing wrong???....help please

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: email notifications on droid turbo

Welcome to Android Central! Open Gmail, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>[your Gmail account], and make sure Notifications is checked. You can also Inbox Sound & Vibrate to choose a specific notification tone for that particular account. Is that where you were looking?

Also, go to Settings>Apps>All (in the main System Settings, not the app's settings), select Gmail, and make sure Show Notifications is checked.

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Keep in mind the Turbo does not have any LED notifiers..just sound and icon on home screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I have a slightly different problem. For some reason, the new/unread email counter for K9 mail no longer alerts me to a new unread email. It was working fine until today. I tried uninstalling and installing the app, but that didn't work. I also tried installing the "Aqua" email app and that app did not work either so I'm thinking that I must have messed up something on the phone. By the way, if I go into the K9 app I can enable the notifications in the status bar (I don't like to use that because I get so much useless email) but the unread email counter still does not work. If it matters, I have a pop account.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane