What is this Odd noise when unlocking screen?

Joshuataylor

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
Re: Odd noise when unlocking screen

Hi i had same problem too. I looked on unternet for readin why.... and found if i turn off sound unlocking in setting ut will stop and still.happend i then read turning of nfc from drop down menuwould work gave it a try and yippe it gone im using samsung s7

CowgirlAndroid

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site

Hi i had same problem too. I looked on unternet for readin why.... and found if i turn off sound unlocking in setting ut will stop and still.happend i then read turning of nfc from drop down menuwould work gave it a try and yippe it gone im using samsung s7

I had the same problem with my new Samsung S7. Finally after reading this post, I discovered my NFC was on. Thank you so much everyone!

WBRobb

May 23, 2018
Visit site

On two occasions now the phone has been making an odd 'alert' tone both after unlocking the screen and while the phone screen is active.

It's not an application doing this because they are all closed. The phone is only supposed to make a click sound for locking and unlocking as per sound settings.

I can't figure out what this alert tone is and neither can Verizon support. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Posted via the Android Central App

I came looking here for the answer to this very same question and the first answer was the correct one. I had a hotel room key in my phone pocket. The phone was reacting to the electronics in the room key card

Hairybaws

Nov 9, 2018
Visit site
Re:

Yeah, I've heard something similar posted here before, I think with a Samsung device.

Do you have NFC turned on? I wonder if it might have something to do with that.

B. Diddy you were spot on with this for me. I had what seemed like odd alarms on my galaxy s6. Turned out as I had NFC switched on for using Gpay but also have my contactless bank cards in the phone case, every time I flipped the case open & unlocked the phone It was bleeping like an alarm.
Turned NFC off ....gone. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yeah, this is a fairly common side effect of using a wallet case. Glad I could help!:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae