06-29-2015 10:10 PM
59 123
tools
    So I take it you've tested it with the new update then?
    My performance/satisfaction with the turbo was so bad I actually reverted back to my Maxx, which was outperforming the Turbo. I've used the update, and its an improvement for sure, but nothing to really get overly excited about. I've used the Galaxy 6 and holy god....I know its the top of the line camera, but wow. The battery didn't work for me on the G6 tho, so I'm looking to compromise so im going to be trying the LG G4....camera and replaceable battery. That's what I, personally, realize I look for. Its important to me, and if someone else like me was looking at the Turbo, I'd say don't.
    05-22-2015 09:58 AM
    I snap shots while walking at an average of 5mph without stopping, no blur at all. Going to o test it at the tigers game and the slow roll bike tour in the next few days, I'll post my results.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I take shots while walking all the time too and don't have problems

TurboHope likes this.
    05-22-2015 10:27 AM

I take shots while spinning slowly in a circle with my hands up in the air like I just do not care, no issues yet except some slight nausea and vertigo!!!

quantum tao likes this.
    05-22-2015 11:14 AM
    Sorry, when I read those posts about walking that popped into my head and made me literally LOL!!! The people of burger king looked at me strangely due to my sudden outburst of laughter!!!

05-22-2015 11:15 AM
    My performance/satisfaction with the turbo was so bad I actually reverted back to my Maxx, which was outperforming the Turbo. I've used the update, and its an improvement for sure, but nothing to really get overly excited about. I've used the Galaxy 6 and holy god....I know its the top of the line camera, but wow. The battery didn't work for me on the G6 tho, so I'm looking to compromise so im going to be trying the LG G4....camera and replaceable battery. That's what I, personally, realize I look for. Its important to me, and if someone else like me was looking at the Turbo, I'd say don't.
    What I meant was have you tried the Turbo's camera after the update with the same type of shots that were giving you issues before?

I would expect nothing less out of Samsung, I mean how long have they been producing P&S cameras? If anything I'd be disappointed if they didn't have one of the best cameras out there. Same with Sony, and while Motorola uses their sensor, it's their post processing software that is their weak link. And that is where companies that have produced dedicated cameras start to shine. They have the experience in software to back up their hardware. And if we're being honest, that will also be their Achilles Heel, because they're not going to get help from Sony or Samsung in that regard when it will only make Motorola more competitive to them. For me personally, it's the other stuff that make Motorola worthwhile. And if a camera is good for even 75% of what I need, in conjunction with the other plusses Motorola brings to the table, I'll stick with them.
    05-22-2015 12:09 PM
    Sorry, when I read those posts about walking that popped into my head and made me literally LOL!!! The people of burger king looked at me strangely due to my sudden outburst of laughter!!!

I think they all looked at you for a good reason....

05-22-2015 12:41 PM
    Not sure why, but I still don't have the update available in the Play Store.
    Play Store apps tend to roll out over time. Maybe they just haven't gotten to you yet (although it seems they should have by now).
    05-22-2015 01:24 PM
    I snap shots while walking at an average of 5mph without stopping, no blur at all. Going to o test it at the tigers game and the slow roll bike tour in the next few days, I'll post my results.

Did you have situations with blur previously?
    05-22-2015 01:26 PM

Are you walking indoors or outdoors when you take them?

There has been no issue wiuth outdoor motion pics.
    05-22-2015 01:30 PM
    Did you have situations with blur previously?
    Yeah about 4-6 out of ten would have slight blur.

KPMcClave likes this.
    05-22-2015 01:31 PM
    I've used the update extensively over the last couple days, and I'm really impressed. I don't have a GS6 to put it up against, but my wife does have a GS5. At least in speed of taking photos, the Turbo keeps up with it. That's more than good enough for me.

The most noteworthy thing in this thread is that somebody walks an average of 5mph. That's a 12-minute mile. 37 minutes, 12 seconds for 3.1 miles (5k). I know people who can't RUN a 5k that fast.
    05-22-2015 02:54 PM
    Took some great shots of bike riders today, nice improvement from before the update.

KPMcClave likes this.
    05-22-2015 03:10 PM
    This is average, I work out almost every day, and have for a long time. Plus im 6'7" So...

Attached Thumbnails Motorola Camera update-62069.jpg  
    05-22-2015 03:11 PM
    I wasn't disagreeing or anything. Just a little befuddled. Your height probably has a lot to do with it, if your legs are proportional.
    05-22-2015 03:35 PM
    For the record.... I truly hope the update makes the turbo the killer camera it could be. Yes I was pretty vocal about my let down with it, but was more insulted by those who felt I had no right to discuss that fact or who said how perfectly amazing the camera was, in light of countless examples of failures. I wanted it discussed for the exact reason...the hope moto would realize the problem and try to remedy, or at least, improve it. I simply got tired of waiting and was blown away by a really, really good camera, so I simply can't go back, esp with prime time picture taking season for me coming up and having been spoiled with that Galaxy s6. If the lg g4 is even 90% as good camera, with the removable battery, I'm excited for it
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-22-2015 03:56 PM
    I kinda felt the same, it worked in full sunlight great, but was bad indoors at medium and low light. I remember the backlash you got for saying negative feedback, I also got the same treatment. But if they are updating the app to fix exactly what we "bitched" about, obviously it was a large issue. I think some Motorola fanboys and close minded or maybe take comments about a phone personal. And that's true my hilarious, unless they have a relationship with it like in the film Her...

jamielov likes this.
    05-22-2015 04:22 PM
    Check this out FOR MORE DETAILS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...tings-t2884035 or this website http://webtoolseo.com/amazon/mobiles...-non-rootroot/
    It's a camera app that will work on the turbo. Try it out, it doesn't replace the stock app.
    05-22-2015 04:26 PM
    Are you walking indoors or outdoors when you take them?

There has been no issue wiuth outdoor motion pics.
    Walking outdoors. But have had few issues taking moving objects indoors as well

KPMcClave likes this.
    05-22-2015 05:32 PM
    I kinda felt the same, it worked in full sunlight great, but was bad indoors at medium and low light. I remember the backlash you got for saying negative feedback, I also got the same treatment. But if they are updating the app to fix exactly what we "bitched" about, obviously it was a large issue. I think some Motorola fanboys and close minded or maybe take comments about a phone personal. And that's true my hilarious, unless they have a relationship with it like in the film Her...

What you said, and also the "I don't have that problem" factor. It's apparently difficult for some folks to understand that their usage may not be the same as yours. What works for them, may be broken for you...or vice versa.

That's why when we complain about lower light motion shots we are treated to replies with brightly lit motion shots.

It's not just this phone and this camera where that happnes, though. It's a bigger issue in human interaction.
    jamielov and TurboHope like this.
    05-22-2015 05:39 PM
    Walking outdoors. But have had few issues taking moving objects indoors as well

Ah. Yes, indoors is a tricky thing.

I took my daughter to the playground and took a bunch of shots of her shooting some hoops this afternoon. The quality from a clarity standpoint has never been a problem outdoors, and it wasn't today. Never have had a blurry shot on the playground. So, I couldn't check on the lower light and motion issue, but I did definitely notice the captures were more as I was hoping with the quicker shutter. The ball was much closer to where I expected it to be (if it was in the air when I took the pic) than before the update. Before it was a matter of taking a couple/few shots if I wanted the ball at a particular point. Margin for that seems closed significantly now.

Still hoping for positive reviews on the bigger issue, though.
    PowrDroid likes this.
    05-22-2015 05:44 PM
    Picture indoors at my daughters graduation moving in indoor lighting. Much improved

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol
    Attached Thumbnails Motorola Camera update-10382.jpg   Motorola Camera update-10409.jpg   Motorola Camera update-10349.jpg  
    ScottsoNJ, TurboHope and KPMcClave like this.
    05-22-2015 09:53 PM
    Picture indoors at my daughters graduation moving in indoor lighting. Much improved

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol
    Kids are graduating that early nowadays? Wow. Must be some smart kids.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx
    05-22-2015 11:20 PM
    I took this picture at my high school jazz concert. Really good considering I was in the very back row.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx
    Attached Thumbnails Motorola Camera update-img_20150518_200630.jpg  
    TurboHope likes this.
    05-22-2015 11:21 PM
    Here are those pics I promised, took them on my morning jog. Hope they help. ( Taken at Detroit Riverfront, Dequindre Cut) The second one isn't with the turbo, sorry uploaded it by mistake and couldn't take it down.

Attached Thumbnails Motorola Camera update-62155.jpg   Motorola Camera update-62154.jpg   Motorola Camera update-62153.jpg   Motorola Camera update-62152.jpg  
    05-23-2015 11:45 AM
    Check this out FOR MORE DETAILS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...tings-t2884035 or this website http://webtoolseo.com/amazon/mobiles...-non-rootroot/
    It's a camera app that will work on the turbo. Try it out, it doesn't replace the stock app.
    Have you used it yet and how did not work? Thanks
    05-23-2015 12:13 PM
59 123