Motorola Camera update

Phoenix212

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
It sure seems like shutter speed has improved since the app update earlier today. I've only taken a couple photos to test it out but it seems quicker. Still not as fast as other cams, I'm sure, but appreciably faster. Can it possibly be that one of the biggest gripes people have about the Turbo has been (or is on its way to being) fixed???

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Confirmed shutter speed is exactly .50 sec faster. I tested one turbo with the update to another without a update. I tethered them to my PC and ran a timer of the actual software shutter calibrator the updated app ran a consistent .45 to .50 faster than the previous version .The actual percentage overall is a 24.9% increase in shutter speed. I use this same method of testing on my DSLR cameras to make sure they are running at expected speeds as I do a lot of lightning photography and require very fast shutter bursts . I'm glad they improved it as the previous version was almost 2 seconds until full completion of shutter operation.

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol

TurboCommander

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Great to see the shutter improvement. And just a note, focus control was already available. I only see new exposure control and the faster shutter response. Not sure what if any bug fixes there are.

I'm sure some people who's first experience with a Turbo camera with the new version may still not be impressed but I would say it sucks way less and is much more usable now.

Thanks for the update Moto!

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is brand new (if it isn't, I've missed it until now) . If you hold your finger like you're taking a picture, but continue to hold, the camera will take burst shots until you let go

Posted via the Android Central App

Phoenix212

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this is brand new (if it isn't, I've missed it until now) . If you hold your finger like you're taking a picture, but continue to hold, the camera will take burst shots until you let go

That was already a feature. In fact, it was the only way I could get decent photos of kids or action shots.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Great to see the shutter improvement. And just a note, focus control was already available. I only see new exposure control and the faster shutter response. Not sure what if any bug fixes there are.

I'm sure some people who's first experience with a Turbo camera with the new version may still not be impressed but I would say it sucks way less and is much more usable now.

The focus feature was definitely there, I Dont remember though if it was as easy to use though? Do you?

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Lol, sucks way less. Well, its a start... Although not sure why moto needed to update the camera as the 35 other posts stated, the turbo camera (regardless of photographic evidence otherwise) was already perfect in every possible way...

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Nice little update. appreciate the shutter speed almost being decent now. That has literally been my only complaint with this phone.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Lol, sucks way less. Well, its a start... Although not sure why moto needed to update the camera as the 35 other posts stated, the turbo camera (regardless of photographic evidence otherwise) was already perfect in every possible way...

Are you still on about that? Let it go already.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Are you still on about that? Let it go already.

Yes, i am, and No, I wont. Thank you for your concern though and for remembering me:)

I think its fair that anyone looking for discussion and views of the phone get all sides of it. I mean, the crux of most arguments was either the phone/camera was great, or I was dumb for not reading all the reviews before buying, so I fail to see an issue, esp since as of a few days ago people still want opinions on the phone. Ill still say, amazing phone BUT if pictures of slightly moving objects are your thing, like mine are, no update in the world can help this camera. Stay away.

Last edited:

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, i am, and No, I wont. Thank you for your concern though and for remembering me:)

I think its fair that anyone looking for discussion and views of the phone get all sides of it. I mean, the crux of most arguments was either the phone/camera was great, or I was dumb for not reading all the reviews before buying, so I fail to see an issue, esp since as of a few days ago people still want opinions on the phone. Ill still say, amazing phone BUT if pictures of slightly moving objects are your thing, like mine are, no update in the world can help this camera. Stay away.

So I take it you've tested it with the new update then?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've also nolticed the faster shutter, which is great.

Has anyone played around with the update yet to see how it captures the previously troublesome type shots? Our daughter is between basketball programs, so I don't have the chance to try it out in places where I have previously had big problems despite many trial and error attempts at a solution.

Please, no posts of brightly lit outdoor motion shots as replies to my question. I can post those myself, and nobody...and I mean nobody...has ever complained about that type of motion shot with the Turbo. If you've previously had issues indoors with motion, I'd like to know if you see an improvement with this new camera update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude