06-29-2015 10:10 PM
59 123
tools
    Adds manual focus/exposure controls. I also noticed a big improvement in shutter speed. Took some shots of my dog walking and no blur. I'm not saying the shutter improvement happened in this update but I do notice improvement. Snap Camera still works better for me though.
    Motorola Updates Camera App in Google Play to Include Manual Exposure Setting | Droid Life
    doogald likes this.
    05-20-2015 02:09 PM
    It sure seems like shutter speed has improved since the app update earlier today. I've only taken a couple photos to test it out but it seems quicker. Still not as fast as other cams, I'm sure, but appreciably faster. Can it possibly be that one of the biggest gripes people have about the Turbo has been (or is on its way to being) fixed???
    05-20-2015 03:04 PM
    Agreed, the shutter is definitely faster.
    05-20-2015 03:46 PM
    I also find faster shutter speeds, so !!!!.

Posted via the Android Central App
    maxman1 likes this.
    05-20-2015 04:12 PM
    I also find faster shutter speeds, so !!!!.

Good to see another Tigers fan on here!
    TurboHope likes this.
    05-20-2015 06:16 PM
    Confirmed shutter speed is exactly .50 sec faster. I tested one turbo with the update to another without a update. I tethered them to my PC and ran a timer of the actual software shutter calibrator the updated app ran a consistent .45 to .50 faster than the previous version .The actual percentage overall is a 24.9% increase in shutter speed. I use this same method of testing on my DSLR cameras to make sure they are running at expected speeds as I do a lot of lightning photography and require very fast shutter bursts . I'm glad they improved it as the previous version was almost 2 seconds until full completion of shutter operation.

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol
    05-20-2015 06:30 PM
    I came to post this and here you all beat me to it! I'm anxious to try it out! Motorola Camera update-uploadfromtaptalk1432181574247.jpg
    05-20-2015 11:12 PM
    Great to see the shutter improvement. And just a note, focus control was already available. I only see new exposure control and the faster shutter response. Not sure what if any bug fixes there are.

I'm sure some people who's first experience with a Turbo camera with the new version may still not be impressed but I would say it sucks way less and is much more usable now.

Thanks for the update Moto!
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-21-2015 08:47 AM
    Not sure if this is brand new (if it isn't, I've missed it until now) . If you hold your finger like you're taking a picture, but continue to hold, the camera will take burst shots until you let go

05-21-2015 09:02 AM
    Not sure if this is brand new (if it isn't, I've missed it until now) . If you hold your finger like you're taking a picture, but continue to hold, the camera will take burst shots until you let go

That was already a feature. In fact, it was the only way I could get decent photos of kids or action shots.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-21-2015 09:25 AM
    Good to see another Tigers fan on here!
    Had tickets to last night and Tuesdays game, had to give em away! But I'll be there this weekend. Go tigers!

05-21-2015 11:26 AM
    Great to see the shutter improvement. And just a note, focus control was already available. I only see new exposure control and the faster shutter response. Not sure what if any bug fixes there are.

I'm sure some people who's first experience with a Turbo camera with the new version may still not be impressed but I would say it sucks way less and is much more usable now.

The focus feature was definitely there, I Dont remember though if it was as easy to use though? Do you?

05-21-2015 11:29 AM
    The focus feature hasn't changed.
    05-21-2015 12:11 PM

Lol, sucks way less. Well, its a start... Although not sure why moto needed to update the camera as the 35 other posts stated, the turbo camera (regardless of photographic evidence otherwise) was already perfect in every possible way...
    05-21-2015 01:45 PM
    Nice little update. appreciate the shutter speed almost being decent now. That has literally been my only complaint with this phone.
    05-21-2015 08:40 PM
    Lol, sucks way less. Well, its a start... Although not sure why moto needed to update the camera as the 35 other posts stated, the turbo camera (regardless of photographic evidence otherwise) was already perfect in every possible way...
    Are you still on about that? Let it go already.
    05-21-2015 09:30 PM
    The focus feature hasn't changed.
    Yeah, I read that wrong. My bad.
    05-21-2015 10:33 PM
    Are you still on about that? Let it go already.
    Yes, i am, and No, I wont. Thank you for your concern though and for remembering me

I think its fair that anyone looking for discussion and views of the phone get all sides of it. I mean, the crux of most arguments was either the phone/camera was great, or I was dumb for not reading all the reviews before buying, so I fail to see an issue, esp since as of a few days ago people still want opinions on the phone. Ill still say, amazing phone BUT if pictures of slightly moving objects are your thing, like mine are, no update in the world can help this camera. Stay away.
    05-22-2015 06:15 AM
    Yes, i am, and No, I wont. Thank you for your concern though and for remembering me

I think its fair that anyone looking for discussion and views of the phone get all sides of it. I mean, the crux of most arguments was either the phone/camera was great, or I was dumb for not reading all the reviews before buying, so I fail to see an issue, esp since as of a few days ago people still want opinions on the phone. Ill still say, amazing phone BUT if pictures of slightly moving objects are your thing, like mine are, no update in the world can help this camera. Stay away.
    So I take it you've tested it with the new update then?
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-22-2015 08:43 AM
    I've also nolticed the faster shutter, which is great.

Has anyone played around with the update yet to see how it captures the previously troublesome type shots? Our daughter is between basketball programs, so I don't have the chance to try it out in places where I have previously had big problems despite many trial and error attempts at a solution.

Please, no posts of brightly lit outdoor motion shots as replies to my question. I can post those myself, and nobody...and I mean nobody...has ever complained about that type of motion shot with the Turbo. If you've previously had issues indoors with motion, I'd like to know if you see an improvement with this new camera update.
    05-22-2015 08:53 AM

Are you using the stock camera app or a 3rd party app? Thinking of getting this. I have the LG g2 now
    05-22-2015 08:57 AM
    Not sure why, but I still don't have the update available in the Play Store.
    05-22-2015 09:23 AM
    Not sure why, but I still don't have the update available in the Play Store.
    That's strange, did you kill the play store app or restart your phone? Not sure if that will do it but worth a shot

05-22-2015 09:33 AM
    I snap shots while walking at an average of 5mph without stopping, no blur at all. Going to o test it at the tigers game and the slow roll bike tour in the next few days, I'll post my results.

05-22-2015 09:35 AM
    Going to o test it at the tigers game and the slow roll bike tour in the next few days, I'll post my results.

Please do. Take a photo of Miggy running to first base. That ought to be slight motion we seek.

I've noticed the shutter is much faster. So far I haven't had any situations of low light and motion, but you can be sure if I encounter something I will take photos and post them.

[Though I don't know why I would because my Turbo's camera works great. <waves at jamielov>]
    TurboHope likes this.
    05-22-2015 09:42 AM
59 123