I have a droid turbo phone on Verizon. A few months ago, I was trying to cut costs, I decided to cancel my cell service and switch to a prepay phone. The service was terrible and my job requires me to have reliable service. So a few weeks later, I went back to Verizon with my droid and asked them to reverse my cancelation and reactivate the phone. Since then, my wifi and cellular wireless signal has been bad. I went back to Verizon and they said its common for a reactivation to fry a SIM card so they replaced the SIM card. It hasn't helped. Ive reset my network settings. Any other ideas? Downtown city and I get half bars and cell signal will randomly just drop all bars and come back after a few seconds. Same with WiFi... Places that used to have strong signal now mid to low at best.
    05-23-2015 01:13 PM
    My first thought is do a factory data reset, start from scratch and see how that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-23-2015 01:21 PM
    I once had GREAT service when I had a Samsung. Upgraded to Droid turbo, and it went downhill. Why I do not know. Mind, I have Great 4G LTE but lousy phone. Doesn't matter if AC is on or off. So, Verizon is sending me a Network Extender. I, imo, think it's the phone. Bad signal range. Maybe try clearing your parition and like russel5150 said factory reset. I had tried both. For me it doesn't make sense bad calls but great 4G LTE? I sure can't figure it out.
    05-24-2015 07:06 AM
    Get a warranty replacement? If it's not working right, see if replacing under warranty will fix the problem.
    05-24-2015 08:41 AM
    I tried talking Verizon into warranty replacement. Nope, they're sending me a free Network Extender. We'll see then.
    05-24-2015 01:26 PM
    Well, I was really suggesting that to the OP...
    05-24-2015 02:16 PM
    I tried talking Verizon into warranty replacement. Nope, they're sending me a free Network Extender. We'll see then.
    All you can do in that situation is let them do their troubleshooting. If that doesn't fix it, and you've already done a factory reset, there's really nothing else except the phone. Worst case you're still quite a ways off from your warranty expiring, just make sure they don't try to drag it out. Of course since the issue started before the warranty expired, they shouldn't be able to make you may for their screwing around. Also, have you tried getting a new SIM card? That could be a culprit as well.
    05-24-2015 03:47 PM
    What's a network extender going to do and why would version send that as a way to mitigate poor radio reception ... Heck even poor WiFi reception, if that's something Verizon did they officially get the dumbest troubleshoot pacifier award.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-24-2015 04:11 PM
    What's a network extender going to do and why would version send that as a way to mitigate poor radio reception ...
    It creates a mini cell tower in your home, using your personal internet connectivity to carry the phone calls.
    05-25-2015 07:20 AM