Attached is the most up to date battery stats analysis Ive been running since I bought the phone new on 11/10/14.

So far over the life of my phone my average usage is:

By 27% battery left

- 2.23 days on battery

SCREEN
    - 4.14 hours of screen on time
    - Screen 30% of battery usage

CELL STBY
    - Cell Standby 1.61 days
    - Cell Standby 24% of battery usage
    - Time without signal 3%

VOICE CALLS
    - Voice Call Time 40 minutes
    - Voice Call 8% of battery usage

on the main page if you scroll to the right at the top youll see some simple crunching to compare how many charges less my turbo is getting compared to my old android phones (droid x and gnex) where I charged them every night. I charged them every night because I had too, likewise I only charge the turbo when it needs it. I am open to hearing others opinions on what % its best to charge at but as I know and you should too it is very much debated. There are many surces claiming what is best as for charging habits. i am testing based on charging my phone to 100% once it hits around 25-30% and ever 30 charges I run it down to 7-10% to 100.
    Attached Files
    05-24-2015 09:56 AM
    I am testing based on charging my phone to 100% once it hits around 25-30% and ever 30 charges I run it down to 7-10% to 100.
    If you're trying to be scientific, the only way to truly test is to own more than one turbo with different charging strategies. For example, buy a second one and charge it every time it hits 60% and see if there is a difference. You need a control to compare against that has the exact same drain but uses a different strategy.

I trust the battery engineers who say that lithium ion battery packs last longer with lots of small charges rather than a smaller number of large charges. I don't take advice from people who think they know what they're talking about on a forum like this (so, you really shouldn't take charging advice from me.) That said, I honestly don't worry too much about it. I just need the phone to get me through the day for the two years I will own it, and my current phone, now 21 months old, still is doing so. I charge nightly (except once every three months I let it drain to 5 to 15 percent and then charge it), I plug in while I drive if the phone is below 85, I plug in while I shower, and every once in a while I will plug in during the day while I am just sitting around not using my phone.

It's an interesting experiment you're doing, but without a control I don't know what you're going to demonstrate when you're done. Well, except for a lot of data with nothing to compare it to.
    Masheen likes this.
    05-24-2015 11:16 AM
    I hear ya, I'm not going so in depth to buy multiple devices lol. I'm simply keeping track of the battery stats so in two years when I get a new phone I can analyze the data I have and try to see how long it took before the battery started to degrade. For that it isn't necessary to compare to another phone. Its simply my usage verses how long my battery will last (how many charges and how many months) before the battery stats start showing a noticeable change in ability to perform hold charge and perform. Does that make any sense?
    05-24-2015 11:37 AM
    Yep, with one caveat. From my experience on the droid maxx, battery life took a noticeable hit when the kitkat upgrade came, which unfortunately was not changed with a factory reset. There are externalities that may cloud your data.

I should also amend what I said to correct what li ion packs like: lots of small charges from 60 to 80 or 85, rather than fewer big charges, and charging from 90 or so to 100 is also stressful. Unfortunately, that one is hard to manage with phones....
    05-24-2015 11:43 AM
    Yea I guess I could compare lollipop to KK, idk I guess ill see later on. But I hear ya there are tons of externalities.
    05-24-2015 06:08 PM
    Very nicely done.

I was looking at your data to try and spot trends. Didn't really see anything, however, the "time on battery" from Feb to Mar to Apr, seems to fluctuate quite a bit. Screen on time can explain the Feb to Mar changes but the Mar to Apr changes are not so easily explained. Why do you suppose you were getting less battery time in April?

Also, I haven't really flogged my phone too much lately but yesterday (Memorial Day) I put it through some paces. I started with a full charge and by the end of the day I had put on 5 hr. 15 min of screen time. I mostly surfed the web, read forums, but I also had about 2 hours of podcasts and an hour of YouTube. When I put the phone down it still had 49% battery. I was astounded.
    05-26-2015 05:20 PM
    thank you,

and April I have gotten the most time on battery of all the months. Unless you meant to say March? I believe after looking over the data for March, I used alot of data (not wifi but 4g). On the first page, labeled data if you scroll to the right you will see little notes about my usage for the charge period. Nearly every day in march has lots of data written in, not before and not after that month. I also know where I was all of March I dont have the best cell service.
    05-26-2015 08:53 PM