Not trying to stir things up here, but what is wrong with Motorola? My husband has a Turbo and is still waiting for Lollipop, while my Galaxy Tab 4 just got Lollipop this morning. My husband is waiting for Smart Lock, so he can use our home as a trusted location.

I have a Note 4 and got Lollipop in April. Some people will say they hate Lollipop. Many, including me, will say they love Lollipop. Not sure what the differences will be between 5.0 and 5.1. Still think there are bugs anytime a major OS update comes to a phone. Hopefully you will get some of the Lollipop features we did not get, like multi user, but you are with Verizon (like me) and we all know Verizon doesn't go out of its way to give us all available features.
    05-28-2015 09:53 AM
    I would guess the fact that the Turbo is a niche device. In a global sense, the sales the Turbo had is a drop in the bucket compared to the X 2013, and 2014.
    skatergirl likes this.
    05-28-2015 09:59 AM
    The 2014 Moto X was the first non-Nexus to get Lollipop, back in November, on Verizon no less. There's nothing wrong with Motorola. Apparently there may have been something wrong with lollipop, though...
    skatergirl likes this.
    05-28-2015 10:39 AM
    The 2014 Moto X was the first non-Nexus to get Lollipop, back in November, on Verizon no less. There's nothing wrong with Motorola. Apparently there may have been something wrong with lollipop, though...
    That of course is a matter of opinion and perspective.
    05-28-2015 11:02 AM
    Who cares? This forum has become a pi$$ing ground for every hardware platform that has LP that isn't the Turbo. We get it: you have it; the Turbo doesn't. It will. I'm in no hurry to get it for no other reason than to stop seeing these posts.
    TurboHope and 88horizon5speed like this.
    05-28-2015 06:05 PM
    Not trying to stir things up here, but what is wrong with Motorola?
    Motorola Seems to be Gearing Up for a Wave of Android 5.1 Updates, Here are the Release Notes
    http://www.droid-life.com/2015/05/05...release-notes/
    TurboHope likes this.
    05-28-2015 06:09 PM
    Who cares? This forum has become a pi$$ing ground for every hardware platform that has LP that isn't the Turbo. We get it: you have it; the Turbo doesn't. It will. I'm in no hurry to get it for no other reason than to stop seeing these posts.
    I'm with you. When I think of my Turbo getting Lollipop I think of the garish colors, silly animations, and having to do a factory reset. Not looking forward to it very much.
    Wayne Sanders likes this.
    05-28-2015 06:11 PM
    As far as who cares, this is a forum for discussion, and it wouldnt be a big deal if the turbo wasnt sold as a device to get lollipop fairly soon from its release date.

I for one could care less when we get lollipop except to have it over and done with, but i understand people tired of waiting and expressing it in a FORUM.

I didnt buy the turbo because it would get lollipop, i bought because i wanted it and limed it as is.

Anyway, it is kind of annoying that the turbo has taken so long, but a lot of other devices have too...

By the way just checked for update on my verizon tab4 and no luck lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-28-2015 09:36 PM
    Not trying to stir things up here, but what is wrong with Motorola? My husband has a Turbo and is still waiting for Lollipop, while my Galaxy Tab 4 just got Lollipop this morning. My husband is waiting for Smart Lock, so he can use our home as a trusted location.

I have a Note 4 and got Lollipop in April. Some people will say they hate Lollipop. Many, including me, will say they love Lollipop. Not sure what the differences will be between 5.0 and 5.1. Still think there are bugs anytime a major OS update comes to a phone. Hopefully you will get some of the Lollipop features we did not get, like multi user, but you are with Verizon (like me) and we all know Verizon doesn't go out of its way to give us all available features.
    What version of the galaxy tab 4 are you running? I have a Verizon one and don't see lollipop on it (surprise surprise, I know).

05-28-2015 10:07 PM
    What version of the galaxy tab 4 are you running? I have a Verizon one and don't see lollipop on it (surprise surprise, I know).

It's not a Verizon version. Just Samsung.
    05-28-2015 10:34 PM
    As far as who cares, this is a forum for discussion, and it wouldnt be a big deal if the turbo wasnt sold as a device to get lollipop fairly soon from its release date.
    It wasn't sold with that promise. Verizon and Motorola from the beginning have been careful not to promise a time for the update, just that it is coming. Everyone just assumed it would be much sooner.
    05-28-2015 11:04 PM
    It wasn't sold with that promise. Verizon and Motorola from the beginning have been careful not to promise a time for the update, just that it is coming. Everyone just assumed it would be much sooner.
    Well it wasnt sold like that, however the sales people did say it would see lollipop fast since it was the last phone motorola was putting as a google company. So it kind of was lol.

But like i said before when u buy a phone you should buy it for what it is, not for a future update. I can understand peoples frustrations that a flagship device hasnt recieved it yet... and esp since the verizon samsungs got lollipop before their "special" phone.

The original point though was sure people are going to post frustrations on here, its a forum.. i dont look at the other lollipop post that has over 1k replies, so a new isnt a big deal.. but hey thats just me, i dont sweat the small stuff lol

05-28-2015 11:54 PM
    05-29-2015 12:21 AM