DROID TURBO: Emergency Dialing Maintenance Release

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My Droid was running crappy and slow today, so I decided to restart it, and left it on my desk, half hour later I look at it and tells me Android is updating, and it's optimizing app 50 of 148....... ???? Will post here the final result..

Looks like it installed something from Verizon but Android version is still 4.4.4

Last edited:

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Droid Turbo is installing a big update...

I hate it.. I thought that it might be Lollipop.. arrggghhhh I hate you Verizon except we have a love and hate relationship..... :mad:

Now the notifications tells me that Google Spotlight Stories is "now supported on your device"

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

The Droid Maxx just received an update this week that fixed this. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/105254

(The details of the OTA just said "stability improvements".)

There was a story about this on Droid Life a month ago: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/05/0...ntenance-update-coming-to-nexus-6-and-moto-x/

As you can see, it's also meant for the Turbo. I wondered if they would hold it for the lollipop update. If this is it, I guess not.

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

The Droid Maxx just received an update this week that fixed this. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/105254

(The details of the OTA just said "stability improvements".)

There was a story about this on Droid Life a month ago: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/05/0...ntenance-update-coming-to-nexus-6-and-moto-x/

As you can see, it's also meant for the Turbo. I wondered if they would hold it for the lollipop update. If this is it, I guess not.

This is sooo stupid, I just restarted the phone again and it;s telling me the same thing....Android is upgrading

I see a factory reset in my future... but have to wait for another 45 minutes for it to OPTIMIZE 148 apps.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Please post the new System version when you get a chance.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

This is sooo stupid, I just restarted the phone again and it;s telling me the same thing....Android is upgrading

I see a factory reset in my future... but have to wait for another 45 minutes for it to OPTIMIZE 148 apps.

Definitely no reason to factory reset. On the Maxx even the baseband version was the same.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Op probably has ART turned on in the developers option .

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

If you have art turned on in developer settings it will do this every time, don't factory reset until you check that

Posted via the Android Central App

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

OTA updates for Moto phones do this on Dalvik as well. It's not ART doing this.

Yes, on an update, on the initial restart, not on every subsequent one. That is part of making sure the apps run on the phone with a new update.

If it is doing it on every restart then he probably has ART turned on. Mine, with ART turned on, runs through this optimization every time. Hopefully, once ART is built into the OS standard, it won't do this any longer.

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Please post the new System version when you get a chance.

New system version is 21.44.12.quark_verizon.verizon.en.us

And yes I have ART on... Will change it back and restart it one more time.

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
New system version is 21.44.12.quark_verizon.verizon.en.us

And yes I have ART on... Will change it back and restart it one more time.

Mine is the same build number /system version..

When you take off ART it's going to reboot again and do the optimization (I think) and then it shouldn't do it again until an update is applied (like 5.1 not just an app update)

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Working great now... although I'm still sad that it was not Lollipoop.....