Did Google or Verizon Automatically Install a Photo Viewing App on My Turbo?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Looked at my phone this morning and noticed a new icon in the notification area. Pulled down the window shade and saw the notification - - "See what's happening" (or some such), double tapped on it and it started showing me a slide show of my most recent photos along with a song soundtrack I didn't recognize.

I don't see anything new in my app listings and there aren't any new apps in my app drawer

Anybody know what this thing is?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
There was an update to the Moto gallery app earlier this week which now has a section called "highlight reels". Maybe it's that?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
There was an update to the Moto gallery app earlier this week which now has a section called "highlight reels". Maybe it's that?

There indeed was an update, but I think the highlight reel feature was already a part of the Moto Gallery app before that update. I mistakenly hit the icon for it occassionaly when I'm trying to delete a pic.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
unless you got a phone update, motorola and verizon both don't just randomly install new apps onto your phone. it can very well happen with software updates though

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If it happens again, hit the task button and it should list all of your apps, with the current app at the bottom. That will tell you which app it is.

NoICon

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Had the same experience recently after taking some pictures in the back yard...short slideshow with accompanying background music.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I think you are correct. The description of what "highlight reel" does matches the actions my phone took yesterday morning. This was after a day of taking a lot of photos. If it happens again I will tap on the task manager and take a look.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae