Motomaker for DROID Turbo?

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
No, they mention the new accents in the article. They're talking about it actually being on moto maker. But it is just a rumor, so...

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I was in the store yesterday and they had the three color variants. They also had the blue nylon that looked pretty slick. The prices were the same, but i use a case so trying to trade would be pointless

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
No, they mention the new accents in the article. They're talking about it actually being on moto maker. But it is just a rumor, so...

This would **** me off if this would be for the current model of the turbo. All the cool stuff comes out at the end when sales lag.

Phoenix212

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
This would **** me off if this would be for the current model of the turbo. All the cool stuff comes out at the end when sales lag.

I don't see how Motorola could put this on Motomaker and make a profit at this point in its lifecycle. The Turbo branded phone is due for a spec update. I agree with the article that fi the Turbo is going to be available via Motomaker, it will be a new version that theoretically would come out in Q4 2015.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I like the way my turbo looks so Dont get me wrong here, that said I would feel p***** off as well. Not at Motorola, just at the fact that I didn't order my phone from the options they would offer.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Personally, once I buy a phone and decide to keep it, I really don't care what they do to sell it later. Once I buy it, I'm not buying another anyway.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I would never repurchase the turbo, I am happy with what I have. Just saying if the options were available at the time I purchased it, I surely would have used them.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how Motorola could put this on Motomaker and make a profit at this point in its lifecycle. The Turbo branded phone is due for a spec update. I agree with the article that fi the Turbo is going to be available via Motomaker, it will be a new version that theoretically would come out in Q4 2015.

Is it really sure for a spec update? It came out in October, right? Seems to me that there is still some life in the device before they announce its replacement. It also seems that the Moto X is announced before the Verizon Droid variants.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much a yearly cycle so I would expect a spec update, including processor and possibly a slightly larger screen as well as a better camera with ois.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Ehh bah blah. My opinion is that smartphone are becoming more like laptops in the way of technology. There's no need to replace smartphone as often anymore. We update it just to have the latest and greatest but that whole thing about technology becoming obsolete after 18 mknths is not true, it was at one point. This phone packsso much great hardware it will be a fantastic and fast ohkne for years to come. Personally I don't care if there is a replacement. I'm keeping this phone for probably 4 years. It's perfect

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You're right but that doesn't change what will happen. As long as you're satisfied with what you have rather than these incremental "improvements" you're good. Others want the latest and the greatest.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Im not aiming this at you or anyone else, this is just my view on it

first world problems I suppose. We have a quad core 2.7 ghz processor, 3 gigs of ram, a 2K screen and a 3900 mAh battery. how much better can it get for now? Oh no the replacement will have a record breaking 4 gigs of ram and a new octa core processor! Everything I do on this phone is quicker than you can blink an eye.

Getting a new hone to replace this phone so quick is like the people who lease a new car for 24 months. I guess we DO live in a throwaway society where people dont realize how much harm we do to the planet just so we can have everything shiny and brand new. It takes so much to make these phones, we should keep them for their serviceable lifetime. Earth isn't as strong as people think (namely those people who live in cities and have a false view on earth).

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Im not aiming this at you or anyone else, this is just my view on it

first world problems I suppose. We have a quad core 2.7 ghz processor, 3 gigs of ram, a 2K screen and a 3900 mAh battery. how much better can it get for now? Oh no the replacement will have a record breaking 4 gigs of ram and a new octa core processor! Everything I do on this phone is quicker than you can blink an eye.

Yes, from a hardware point of view you are mostly right, but even right now, great camera firmware with OIS and a fingerprint scanner would be a huge improvement even on this level of processor and ram.

Last edited:

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
So your saying things are good enough so stop trying to improve technology? You realize that all of these slight improvement s are the only reason why any of us can afford a phone like the turbo right?

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I never said anything about stopping the advance of technology. If course I know the only reason mankind is where we are is because we continue tixtest the limits.

What I did say, was that it's silly to upgrade from a turbo to a new phone right now, that's irresponsible and selfish to upgrade devices when the one you have is still a fantastic device. I'm not saying this to anyone, again just saying. I believe technology is slowing down and with it the need to upgrade as frequently is as well

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I guess the reason I was upset is because I really wanted the Moto X. Motomaker was one of the reasons and I would have pulled the trigger if it had the Turbo battery. That being said, I still really like my turbo but wish this potential feature would have been available from the start.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I agree, that's what I said a few posts above. Every 18-24 months minimum, when it comes to upgrading. But if you are buying a phone and they had the turbo on the moto maker, that would be the bee's knees!

Phoenix212

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I have no immediate plans to upgrade from the Turbo, I still enjoy it very much. BUT, if a new version comes out with a significantly longer run time, faster processor and better camera, well, I would not be against looking at that new version.

If there is a new Turbo that comes to market this year, I do not see it having a killer feature that will make me pounce. Incremental bump in battery, processor and camera specs won't be enough to make me shell out more hard earned cash. Neither will Motomaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21