Major lag when phone switches between wifi & cellular

yenyob

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I did a quick search & oddly I didn't find anything on this. It's been happening alot lately. When the phone doesn't have a good signal or is trying to pick between wifi & cellular, my Turbo lags & temporarily freezes. I just have to wait a good 30 seconds or so for it to free up. This happens constantly. It's gotten much worse lately. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Hate that it seems the only answer is to wipe the phone and start fresh, but that's ridiculous.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
When i switched back to my turbo i noticed that if i am on wifi there is a lag when i try to do something requiring wifi. Say i pick my phone up and go to android central or facebook, sometimes it says no connection, and i have to close out and then retry.

Its very annoying, i wonder if it has to do w the advanced calling being on?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
When i switched back to my turbo i noticed that if i am on wifi there is a lag when i try to do something requiring wifi. Say i pick my phone up and go to android central or facebook, sometimes it says no connection, and i have to close out and then retry.

Its very annoying, i wonder if it has to do w the advanced calling being on?

Might be the advance calling. I have that off on my phone and have no issues.

Also, does the Wifi you are using require a login? That is the only thing that seems to cause issues with my Wifi.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
No, its my home wifi and connected. Of the several phones and tablets the are sometimes connected, the two turbos are the only ones that have that delay.