Encryption

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone encrypted your turbo? Could you please tell me how it effects performance etc. My dell venue is encrypted and there seems to be no downside.

Posted via the dell

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid Maxx, the phone a year older than the Turbo with the almost the same 4.4.4 build, encrypted. You wouldn't notice the difference in performance between it encrypted and unencrypted - it runs just fine. Of course the only difference you notice is on boot up, when you have to unlock the encryption key with your PIN or password, and you must use PIN, password, or NFC unlock methods (the NFC has a PIN or passphrase fallback). Otherwise, there is no discernible difference.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I should have done it the day I bought it before setting it up. Im paranoid because isnt there a message that says dont let the phone power off while its in the encryption process or else you can loose all data or something like that? Im scared to do it with my phone set up perfect

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Just make sure your charged up, if you're really worried, charge it and keep it plugged in while going through the encryption process. That's what I do.

Posted via the Android Central App

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
As always good, useful information to my questions. Thank you. So after I update to Lollipop next week and after a factory reset to get a clean install I will encrypt. Just seems to be a little bit safer. I will post after to update how it went. Again thanks for the replies.

Posted via the dell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze