Why is it that the droid turbo seemingly has difficulty connecting to certain Wi-Fi spots?

Last night I was at a place with two open Wi-Fi signals, both of which had at least three bars (good signal). I tried to connect, and it instantly went down to one bar (poor signal) and then disabled the hotspot.

Today, I'm at a place with an open Wi-Fi signal that is showing a good signal. I can't get past the part 'obtaining IP address' before the phone just gives up on connecting.

This is a problem because I want to use Wi-Fi where available so I don't burn through all my data before the end of the month.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-07-2015 11:07 AM
    My post in the LP thread last night:

At this point, I don't really care about getting an update. Phone works good and on wifi at home and work. Wifi hasn't worked well elsewhere, but bumped data plan up to compensate at actually fairly reasonable cost. New unlocked and carrier free phone in the near future.
    06-07-2015 11:33 AM
    I maybe should have mentioned that the Wi-Fi signals in question are restaurant Wi-Fi s. My experience has been that ifi mention I'm having problems, the staff will say that as far as they know there are no problems with it. Some will even show me that they are connected to the wireless.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-07-2015 11:40 AM
    I have no issues connecting to Wifi with my device. Have you tried these Wifi hotspots with other devices lately?
    06-07-2015 10:35 PM
    Sorry, I'm sure you have an issue and I'm not trying to diminish it, but I have great WiFi on my Turbo and no trouble connecting anywhere. I would consider going to a VZW corporate store and maybe they could get a replacement sent to you.
    06-07-2015 11:17 PM
    Do you have 'avoid poor connections' selected in the advanced wi-fi settings? This may be an agrivating factor.
    06-07-2015 11:21 PM