Exposure adjustment?

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
On my Turbo, I'm able to adjust the exposure (it's located on my shutter button). My wife just got a Turbo yesterday and this adjustment seems to be missing. Any ideas?

Posted via my awesome Turbo!

Attachments

• 15633.jpg
    15633.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 61

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
In the camera app, swipe right from the left edge to expose the camera settings. Make sure that the control focus and exposure setting is turned on (it's the middle setting of the settings wheel, it looks like a finger pointing at a dashed rectangle.)

If that doesn't do it, open the play store app, open my apps, and make sure that the camera app is up to date.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've checked that those settings are on. It just isn't there. I'll check the Play Store for updates.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
They changed the new Google camera. No dynamic exposure adjustment... just, "dark", "cloudy"... etc. Not even close to the old stock camera.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
They changed the new Google camera. No dynamic exposure adjustment... just, "dark", "cloudy"... etc. Not even close to the old stock camera.

I was talking about the Motorola camera app, not the Google camera app, just to be clear.

In the Google camera app I have, there is a three dot menu bottom right. Tap that and it exposes some controls at the bottom - the leftmost one is exposure, and it allows you to adjust exposure to -2, -1, 0, +1, or +2 stops.

(Well, that's after you slide from the left edge of the screen to expose the camera settings, tap the gear icon that now shows up in the upper right, tap advanced and turn on "manual exposure".)

Last edited: