I think I know the issue but I don't know how to correct it. I added my son's gmail accounts to my phone for security reasons to monitor activity since he's a minor. Now my phone (Google) is calling me by his name, not mine. Moto Actions have been wonky since which I assume is because if this. I'm sure there is an easy change in the settings but I just can't seem to find it. Any suggestions?
    06-19-2015 09:07 AM
    In the People app, what is the name in the "Me" contact at the top?
    06-19-2015 09:34 AM
    Help me out. Where is this located in order to find out?
    06-19-2015 03:21 PM
    Help me out. Where is this located in order to find out?
    People app, then go to all contacts, and at the very top it says "Me" and that is what you examine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-19-2015 04:21 PM
    People app, then go to all contacts, and at the very top it says "Me" and that is what you examine.

So why doesn't this populate with the information from the Gmail accounts I have added to my phone?
    06-20-2015 06:43 AM
    So why doesn't this populate with the information from the Gmail accounts I have added to my phone?
    Pardon me if this is asking an obvious question or two, but I would rather cover the bases now so that the next person following up can fine tune the approach you need to take. I definitely want to see if you can get an answer, regardless of who ultimately gives it to you.

One, have you added all Gmail accounts in question? My mother-in-law has several gmail accounts for work and personal and meshed all hers with no issue.

Two, in the people app, at the three vertical dots down at the lower right, when you press it and go to accounts, what does it show? Does it give you all the accounts on the phone? Have you clicked on each one individually to see what it is syncing with your phone? (Some apps are irrelevant, such as Waze for me, but may show in the list anyway; we are focused on the Google accounts and such.)

Sometimes it is blatantly obvious stuff we overlook and I am guilty as charged there. I just want to ensure that you are not overlooking something obvious before someone gives you really detailed instructions for no reason.

If you have checked all of that, we need to do some in-depth research.

06-20-2015 08:57 AM
    It was as simple as looking at my own profile under the contacts. I changed it and it is fine. The question now is how was this changed in the first place?
    06-22-2015 10:47 AM
    It was as simple as looking at my own profile under the contacts. I changed it and it is fine. The question now is how was this changed in the first place?
    The underpants gnomes.

Steal underwear.
    ???
    Profit.

06-23-2015 08:19 PM
    Go into the Google+ app, go to the menu control in the top right, tap settings, then your google account, then contacts, then keep contacts up to date. This will populate your Me contact with your profile info from your Google account and also keep the contact info for other contacts with google accounts up to date.
    06-24-2015 06:25 AM