I have the Droid Maxx. I want a Turbo. I get to edge up here soon but I'm not sure. I upgraded from the Razr M to the Maxx just a few weeks before the Turbo was released and I kept beating myself up for it. So, now that it's almost upgrade time, should I look towards the Turbo or wait until the next Droid or possible Droid line?

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx
    06-21-2015 12:34 PM
    I would wait..Turbo is stuck on 4.4.4 right now, the tech rumors indicate a replacement for the Turbo will launch early fall.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    06-21-2015 12:37 PM
    I'd wait to see what the next Moto X or Nexus is like before upgrading personally.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    Issemann likes this.
    06-21-2015 12:48 PM
    I have the turbo...if your not getting 6hrs of screen on time per charge with the maxx, and you want that, that would be the only reason other than, that the maxx is not much different. My upgrade was from the DNA. So it was a huge upgrade for me. My wife too, she would be on the charger before lunch. Now she goes all day.

DRoID TuRBo this...
    06-21-2015 07:51 PM
    Oh, yes, definitely wait at this point. It's probably 4 or 5 months until a new Droid and the Moto X may be even better (large enough battery, finally a good camera, and a faster upgrade path.)

Verizon tool their time offering the nexus 6 so I'm not sure I'd count on a new nexus this year on vzw, but you never know...
    06-21-2015 09:47 PM
    Did any one come from the Droid RAZR M? I am curious how folks are liking it compared to the RAZR M.
    06-21-2015 10:18 PM
    You can get a brand new Turbo for only $249 right now by purchasing a $250 discount coupon with 25,000 Verizon smart rewards points. At this price it's a no brainer.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-21-2015 10:54 PM
    Did any one come from the Droid RAZR M? I am curious how folks are liking it compared to the RAZR M.
    My wife had a Razr M until recently when it finally gave up the ghost. Tough to compare the two because the only thing similar between them is the "Droid" label. The Turbo is larger, faster and has better battery life. I will say this, my wife's Razr M took an absolute BEATING and kept ticking for about two years. She dropped her phone daily (usually multiple times every day) and the Razr M was just fine. AND she didn't use a case!! I'm a bit more careful with my phones (and I use a case) so I can't really give an apples-to-apples comparison between the Razr M and Turbo with respect to durability.
    06-22-2015 11:57 AM
    Can't beat that price

06-22-2015 12:08 PM
    My wife had a Razr M until recently when it finally gave up the ghost. Tough to compare the two because the only thing similar between them is the "Droid" label. The Turbo is larger, faster and has better battery life. I will say this, my wife's Razr M took an absolute BEATING and kept ticking for about two years. She dropped her phone daily (usually multiple times every day) and the Razr M was just fine. AND she didn't use a case!! I'm a bit more careful with my phones (and I use a case) so I can't really give an apples-to-apples comparison between the Razr M and Turbo with respect to durability.
    Yeah.... The RAZR M has been pretty good to be in regards to durability. I would say that before the KitKat update that I had pretty good battery life but after it updated the battery life went downhill fast. Part of the problem is where I work, which is inside a metal building with hardly no signal. I have to put the phone in airplane mode and manually put on WiFi to maintain a good battery charge.

That said, I was all for getting a LG G3 (since it is $1 at Best Buy with a $100 gift card) but decided to wait and see what the price does on the Turbo. Right now it is $99.99 on a two-year contract but hopefully it will go on sale sometime soon.
    06-22-2015 12:54 PM
    I have the Droid Maxx. I want a Turbo. I get to edge up here soon but I'm not sure. I upgraded from the Razr M to the Maxx just a few weeks before the Turbo was released and I kept beating myself up for it. So, now that it's almost upgrade time, should I look towards the Turbo or wait until the next Droid or possible Droid line?

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx
    Closer to
    the next gen and also there is definitely something going on with the lollipop thing.....I wouldn't touch the turbo but if you have to then the used market is flooded with them.

06-22-2015 01:31 PM
    after this bs with the turbo's lollipop update I would avoid it, and any further motorola phones.
    06-22-2015 05:33 PM
    Lollipop is overrated. I had an HTC M8 and it was seriously better before lollipop. There was absolutely NOTHING lollipop added that was beneficial to me and the memory leak sucked the battery life. I would much rather have waited.

For $249 brand new with no contract using $250 off coupon from Verizon Smart Rewards, the Turbo is hard to beat.
    06-22-2015 06:14 PM
    Lollipop is overrated. I had an HTC M8 and it was seriously better before lollipop. There was absolutely NOTHING lollipop added that was beneficial to me and the memory leak sucked the battery life. I would much rather have waited.

For $249 brand new with no contract using $250 off coupon from Verizon Smart Rewards, the Turbo is hard to beat.
    Lollipop blows kk out of the water. You are slammimg it because vz is sticking it to you.

06-22-2015 07:24 PM
    It is still a very nice phone. It just doesn't seem to have much support going with it. That is kind of a shame.

06-22-2015 07:31 PM
    after this bs with the turbo's lollipop update I would avoid it, and any further motorola phones.
    Yep, totally agree. I still have the Droid Maxx. I debated edging up to the Turbo last November, but decided against it because of the Maxx's slow updates. I was very disappointed to hear how long it's taking for the Turbo. I expected both the Turbo and Maxx to have it by now, but I'm not sure it'll ever even come to the Maxx. I'm definitely strongly considering moving on from Motorola phones. My upgrade is in October. I may go with the newest Samsung Note. I really have enjoyed my Droid phones and have no complaints about my Maxx, but their updates are just too slow.
    06-27-2015 06:56 AM
    Well, I'm here with a LG G3 on AT&T and since it was updated to Lollipop the phone's battery life has been reduced, it has numerous bugs such as after a phone call, the phone has to be reset to allow the pull down of the top bar screen and to silence the phone at night you have to manually turn off the sounds since it likes to beep every fifteen minutes when the battery has been fully charged. And it has had two factory resets; the day I installed Lollipop and a week later.
    So, it is not just Verizon and it is just not M8., AT&T keeps saying there will be another update to Lollipop to fix the known issues....but when.
    This was one of the first phones to receive Lollipop and it shows.
    So, explain how Lollipop blows KK out of the water? Other than the added bugs, I really didn't notice much difference between the two versions.

Now, I'll get back to my research on dumping my LG on Swappa and moving back to Droid!
    06-29-2015 10:37 AM
    Lollipop blows kk out of the water. You are slammimg it because vz is sticking it to you.

No I have actually used lollipop for several weeks on a different phone and it was a huge letdown. It was 5.0.2 so I am hoping 5.1 is better.

06-29-2015 11:26 AM
    Well, I'm here with a LG G3 on AT&T and since it was updated to Lollipop the phone's battery life has been reduced, it has numerous bugs such as after a phone call, the phone has to be reset to allow the pull down of the top bar screen and to silence the phone at night you have to manually turn off the sounds since it likes to beep every fifteen minutes when the battery has been fully charged. And it has had two factory resets; the day I installed Lollipop and a week later.
    So, it is not just Verizon and it is just not M8., AT&T keeps saying there will be another update to Lollipop to fix the known issues....but when.
    So, explain how Lollipop blows KK out of the water? Other than the added bugs, I really didn't notice much difference between the two versions.

Now, I'll get back to my research on dumping my LG on Swappa and moving back to Droid!
    My son has an LG G3 and had told me since the first day he got the Lollipop update to not let my phone update because it's 'garbage' and it's made his phone 'trash'...lol...I would normally write that off as typical teenage hysterics, except I have seen post after post from grown adults here. Its almost as bad as those whining about not getting a buggy update. So personally, I am glad Motorola and Verizon took their sweet time to get us an update that works, hopefully... ;-)
    As for upgrading, I would do it. Unless you are someone who had to have the latest and greatest when it comes out. But it seems to me you will always be chasing something playing that game anyway. Specs wise, it send to me that the Turbo is at least a little future proof, if that's your concern. I personally have taken some great photos with my Turbo and have been complimented by others on them. That being said, the only issue I've had with the camera is that it can be challenging at times to get pics that aren't blurry. But, as with EVERY phone camera I've used, I've had to put a little effort into it, but I have gotten really nice photos with this camera.

07-02-2015 07:20 PM
    You can get a brand new Turbo for only $249 right now by purchasing a $250 discount coupon with 25,000 Verizon smart rewards points. At this price it's a no brainer.

I had not heard of this before. I have 57,000 points. How do I buy a discount coupon? I don't see it listed on the points site.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    07-05-2015 11:18 PM
    Yes how does that coupon work?

I have a ton of reward points and wouldn't want to have to enroll in the edge plan. Just buy the phone outright.
    07-05-2015 11:39 PM

You know you can turn off the beeping when it's charged in the settings...

07-06-2015 12:31 AM
    I just bought a Turbo last Sunday. I have 43000 points and never signed up to redeem until i just read this thread. I also do NOT see a $250. coupon to use toward a phone. If it's still possible, somebody tell a brotha how. Thanks.
    07-06-2015 06:38 PM
    You have to buy the phone through edge to use the points. It was on the point website a week ago.
    07-06-2015 06:44 PM