Turbo for $100

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
On Verizon my rewards for 25,000 points, I can get a $250 discount off the turbo, which is $499. In addition, Verizon will give me $150 to trade in my maxx. This will bring net price to $100. Is this worth it?

Phoenix212

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
What are people's general thoughts on the Verizon rewards program? I am hesitant because I have heard that VZW is essentially tracking you in return for "points." Anyone with thoughts, pro or con?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
What are people's general thoughts on the Verizon rewards program? I am hesitant because I have heard that VZW is essentially tracking you in return for "points." Anyone with thoughts, pro or con?

I personally don't pay much attention to my point bank. There's nothing that I would actually want, but I wasn't aware that you could use the points on new devices.

53N7 9R0M M4 DR01D 7UR80

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I did this. You have to upgrade using EDGE. The price of the phone with the coupon was $249 plus taxes. No contract either...

Posted via the Android Central App

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I did this. You have to upgrade using EDGE. The price of the phone with the coupon was $249 plus taxes. No contract either...

Posted via the Android Central App

I've still got unlimited data. So I guess this isn't an option for me. I buy all of my devices outright or used

53N7 9R0M M4 DR01D 7UR80

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

the points are next to worthless. 100k points is worth about $25.. and 100k points is a ****load. I have been a verizon "valued customer" with 3 lines on my account for 5 years and have only about 60k points.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
the points are next to worthless. 100k points is worth about $25.. and 100k points is a ****load. I have been a verizon "valued customer" with 3 lines on my account for 5 years and have only about 60k points.

I'm not enrolled in the program because I was nervous about the privacy issues, but I have 5 lines on a family plan and have 148,000 points.

Posted via the Turbo

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Here's an excerpt from a Time article last year:

Verizon’s program, while not all that different from many others in the marketplace, stands out because it’s especially invasive, allowing the bots to track members’ locations, web browsing history, and app usage, among other things. What’s more, the program’s rewards, which mainly consist of discounts on merchandise rather than cash back or discounts on, I don’t know, say, …*your monthly Verizon bill!seem pretty lame.

Posted via the Turbo

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't. When I called the store, they told me $150 for trade in on the maxx. Went to store and they said its only $45. Walked out.

From what I read on that coupon "fine print", it says that you can't stack it with other coupons.

So, the phone is $249.99 after $250 off from rewards. Did you get the phone for $249 at all then?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
From what I read on that coupon "fine print", it says that you can't stack it with other coupons.

So, the phone is $249.99 after $250 off from rewards. Did you get the phone for $249 at all then?

I think at the price of $250 it's even worth it. Other than there being no root for it right now... I like it more than my iPhone 6+

53N7 9R0M M4 DR01D 7UR80

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I think at the price of $250 it's even worth it. Other than there being no root for it right now... I like it more than my iPhone 6+

53N7 9R0M M4 DR01D 7UR80

Aah..that's great to hear! I'm on the 6+ right now too. I tried everything from Note 4 to S6 to G4 but just the way Motorola features spoil you and dislike for one thing or the other led me back to 6+. I hate the size of 6+ but everything else is okay. It's not best at anything but does everything well. I'm hoping I can ditch the 6+ if the camera improved a little since this last camera upgrade.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Aah..that's great to hear! I'm on the 6+ right now too. I tried everything from Note 4 to S6 to G4 but just the way Motorola features spoil you and dislike for one thing or the other led me back to 6+. I hate the size of 6+ but everything else is okay. It's not best at anything but does everything well. I'm hoping I can ditch the 6+ if the camera improved a little since this last camera upgrade.

I really wish the turbo had an SD card slot. Seriously. I use my phone for pretty much everything. Music mostly. But it's truly solid. Only device I would spring for is the nexus 6.

53N7 9R0M M4 DR01D 7UR80

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I really wish the turbo had an SD card slot. Seriously. I use my phone for pretty much everything. Music mostly. But it's truly solid. Only device I would spring for is the nexus 6.

53N7 9R0M M4 DR01D 7UR80

I have had a few N6s but I just didn't like it as much. Camera had more lag than any other top end smartphone in low light. I've known people who have replaced their unit 4 times and still have issues. Not trying to take this off topic but if you really want SD slot, you'd want G4..but Verizon killed the G4..after having 2 different units and reading all the issues from other Verizon users...Verizon killed that phone with bloatware and what not. That is why after all the phones, I'm thinking about coming back to Turbo since that is the only Android phone that has decent battery and doesn't lag like S6 or G4 with Verizon bloat..even disabled..it slowed down G4 like no other! Just my .02 cents.

Thanks for your input on Turbo..I may pick it up for $250 and just keep it as a tiny tablet if I end up not liking it for the 3rd time lol...I know, I have issues :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo