DROID TURBO 5.1 Lollipop: How do I wipe my cache?

monsterman--hbf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone

So last night I get an alert there is an update on my Droid Turbo, I go ahead and do the download and install. Took a bit longer then I thought it would, not liking the new features of the menu bar and other settings but I guess I am stuck with it unless I wipe and go back to factory new..
So anyway my question is I used to be able to get to the Cache Partition by powering off the Turbo, getting into Recovery than holding the Volume Up and hitting the power button. There used to be a Android Guy and Yellow ! now there is a Red one. I cant seem to get to the Cache partition anymore.. Would anyone happen to know how to access this again??

Thanks

monsterman--hbf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Updated To Android 5.1 Question

Hi again everyone, so I decided to try using Motorola Support Live Chat..
They were very helpful and I guess with the new update, there are new instructions on how to get to the Wipe Cache Partition.
Here's the live chat..

Lollipop Steps

1. Ensure the device is powered off, and unplugged

2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button (located on the right edge of the device) for approximately 3 seconds then release.

3. From the "Boot Mode Selection Menu" screen, select Recovery.

Note: Use the Volume Down button to scroll through the menu options and the Volume Up button to select.

4. From the "No Command" screen (Android figure lying on his back), press and hold the Power button then press and release the Volume Up button to display the menu options.

5. Select "wipe cache partition".

Note: Use the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.

6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Hope that helps you guys out, I was going crazy trying to figure this out all night/day since I did the update last night :(

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems they changed the 4th step. Thanks for the follow up, it will be helpful for other people with the same problem.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone

So last night I get an alert there is an update on my Droid Turbo, I go ahead and do the download and install. Took a bit longer then I thought it would, not liking the new features of the menu bar and other settings but I guess I am stuck with it unless I wipe and go back to factory new..

Bad news: if you wipe and go back to factory new (or, do a factory data reset), it won't change the new features of the menu bar and settings. You cannot roll the phone back to kitkat 4.4.4 - it will stay on Lollipop 5.1 until the next update.

NONFAT

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

Updated as well, but I'm having trouble wiping the cache partition. I can get to recovery mode, but no further. Tried it several times and eventually the phone restarts.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

As stated above cache wipe is slightly different. Took mine 21 min to wipe. Have some patience. Start it and go do something else. lol

vindogg80

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
glad I found this thread. DT has been wiping cache for close to 5 minutes and I was getting nervous. I guess I'll just continue about my day and let it do its thing.

antonics

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Updated To Android 5.1 Question

Have you tried these steps from Motorola?

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/102367/p/30,6720,9277

Some people had problems going past the 5th step after Lollipop.

You are correct! cant get past 5th step. I was able to do it in Android 4.4.4. Now I have a problem with battery drain because I installed and uninstalled NOVA launcher and Nova theme. Battery drain caused by Screen at 12%. Before the drain, power hog was facebook at 2%. Phone was lasting 3 days on regular use! Hope there is another way to resolve battery drain. All power saving techniques I already used.

Shay_55123

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
There is an app which clears all cache on my Droid Turbo in a heartbeat without the need to power down. You just click on the app, it "looks" at all your apps in seconds, and then you just click "Clear" ... and go back to what you were doing!! It's called APP CACHE CLEANER and it's FREE!! :)

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
There is an app which clears all cache on my Droid Turbo in a heartbeat without the need to power down. You just click on the app, it "looks" at all your apps in seconds, and then you just click "Clear" ... and go back to what you were doing!! It's called APP CACHE CLEANER and it's FREE!! :)
They are talking about wiping the cache partition, which you need to power down and enter recovery to do. This is different than clearing individual app caches.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon