09-14-2015 06:25 PM
438 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I'm forcing myself to use Chrome the "new" way, but I'm honestly not liking it. I may switch it back to the old one so I can have my tabs together.
    Very strange but Lollipop on my Nexus (2013) tablet kept the old method of Chrome tabs whereas my Turbo has the new way.
    07-07-2015 08:12 AM
    Very strange but Lollipop on my Nexus (2013) tablet kept the old method of Chrome tabs whereas my Turbo has the new way.
    I believe that's by design and probably because when people use tablets, they want the browser to act more like a desktop browser. Phone browsers have less display and people use them a tab at a time.
    07-07-2015 09:24 AM
    I believe that's by design and probably because when people use tablets, they want the browser to act more like a desktop browser. Phone browsers have less display and people use them a tab at a time.
    I tried it the newer way and couldn't do it. I usually do have multiple tabs open and didn't like having them scattered throughout the Rolodex and having to hunt for them, so I went back.
    Moo Cow and adayoff like this.
    07-07-2015 10:04 AM
    One more issue I have is that the active display motion sensors are far too unresponsive. Many times I'll have to physically move the phone when waving for 5 seconds doesn't work. One could argue they were too sensitive on Kit Kat, but they seem to have swung to the other end of the spectrum now. Most annoying change IMO.
    07-07-2015 10:53 AM
    One more issue I have is that the active display motion sensors are far too unresponsive. Many times I'll have to physically move the phone when waving for 5 seconds doesn't work. One could argue they were too sensitive on Kit Kat, but they seem to have swung to the other end of the spectrum now. Most annoying change IMO.
    My sensor seems to be the same. I just tested it and its as responsive as ever.
    07-07-2015 10:56 AM
    My sensor seems to be the same. I just tested it and its as responsive as ever.
    A lot of it seems to depend on the lighting from what I've seen. In KK, that didn't seem to matter much. On L, seems to be more picky.
    07-07-2015 11:16 AM
    A lot of it seems to depend on the lighting from what I've seen. In KK, that didn't seem to matter much. On L, seems to be more picky.
    Maybe, it seemed to work well in a dark room but I'll test it more later on.
    07-07-2015 11:17 AM
    just a thought, make sure the sensors aren't gunked up, mine had lint trapped under cover lip at one point....just enough.
    07-07-2015 02:05 PM
    My Droid Turbo 64GB was bricked by the lollipop update too. Verizon is sending a replacement, fortunately I was within the 1 year warranty.
    07-07-2015 05:58 PM
    What face thing?
    Go to Settings -> Display -> Attentive Display -> See how it works
    07-07-2015 07:24 PM
    just a thought, make sure the sensors aren't gunked up, mine had lint trapped under cover lip at one point....just enough.
    Definitely not the issue.
    07-07-2015 07:34 PM
    I'm forcing myself to use Chrome the "new" way, but I'm honestly not liking it. I may switch it back to the old one so I can have my tabs together.
    What I dislike most about it was that you couldn't tell what each tab was because if you clicked in day 5 links from the same page, all of them would have the same title, but the old style had an individual name
    07-07-2015 08:38 PM
    How are you guys getting the old chrome version back? I can't stand the new one and am confused why they would make the tabs like that. If it isn't broke why do they feel a need to always try and change things.
    07-07-2015 08:56 PM
    How are you guys getting the old chrome version back? I can't stand the new one and am confused why they would make the tabs like that. If it isn't broke why do they feel a need to always try and change things.
    Open Chrome and go to Settings. Turn off Merge Tabs and Apps.
    07-07-2015 08:57 PM
    Ah thank you so much. Other question, I keep getting "hangouts has stopped working". I don't even use this app and have no idea what it is or why it is crashing all day...
    07-07-2015 09:08 PM
    Ah thank you so much. Other question, I keep getting "hangouts has stopped working". I don't even use this app and have no idea what it is or why it is crashing all day...
    I'm not too sure since I don't have the issue. Hangouts is sort of like Skype but it allows you to use it as a text app also. It's a Google App, you could try to look the app in Settings/Apps and clear the cache and disable it.
    07-07-2015 09:13 PM
    I had the app disabled before the update and then had your issue. I force stopped it, enabled and updated it, disabled it and returned it to factory state, and I haven't had an issue since.

If you have it enabled right now, I'd disable it and then do the above instructions.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    07-07-2015 10:53 PM
    Generally I like the update. I like the notification panels and the phone seems faster. Set my Chrome tabs back to original and updated a few apps that needed to be updated. Interestingly, the my Verizon app seems a tad glitchy now. Overall a worthwhile upgrade.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-08-2015 02:07 PM
    5.1 has been a definite improvement...5.0 on my fiancees GS5 has been a disaster so I was worried but 5.1 on the Turbo has been great!
    07-08-2015 03:01 PM
    Is there any way to change the white Google Search Bar and the Apps icon at the bottom with changing launchers or without removing them? They are too bright for me plus it wastes battery. KK was much better idea for these items.
    07-08-2015 03:22 PM
    Anyone having problem with dropped calls whenever you are on HD calls... Since the update to Lollipop, I have dropped calls on every conversation when I on HD calls...

Erin Wilson likes this.
    07-08-2015 05:27 PM
    Ah, got it. Thanks! Is there a way to remove some of the toggles from the widget? I don't need the flashlight toggle there for instance.
    Yes, you can edit the notification bar and remove or add any button you want.
    07-08-2015 05:43 PM
    Is there any way to change the white Google Search Bar and the Apps icon at the bottom with changing launchers or without removing them? They are too bright for me plus it wastes battery. KK was much better idea for these items.
    No. Why not change the launcher? A launcher like action launcher or Nova will import the icons from the stock launcher, I believe.
    07-08-2015 07:10 PM
    Lollipop Gripes

1. "Internet connection lost" (or something like that) wifi and 4g network lose connectivity, both icons show an exclamation point. Never had this issue before. Only last for a few seconds.

2. Turbo charging not always activated. Left phone changing for 30 min, checked phone was only at 25% and was not hot like usually is when turbo charging. Also phone said 7 hours till charge complete so clearly it was not turbo charging. Unplugged charger then plugged back in and turbo charger notification popped up. Phone started warming up quickly so i know it was working now.

3. Can't really say much about the battery because I've used my phone a lot lately and the battery has not been lasting very long. To be determined...

4. Accounts syncing error. Paypal shows sync is off. Already signed into my pp app and synced it to my phone but still there. Also Google account shows sync error (sync is currently experiencing problems, be back shortly). But when i check my google account, everything (contacts, docs etc) appear to be synching properly. Pretty weird.

If the Turbo had a quicker shutter and a fingerprint scanner this would be the perfect phone.

Attached Thumbnails DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update-20455.jpg   DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update-20454.jpg  
    07-09-2015 12:19 AM
    See post above
    07-09-2015 01:23 AM
438 ... 1213141516 ...