09-14-2015 06:25 PM
438 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    To me personally it sucks. I don't like how the search bar app marker and keyboard are white. And I especially hate the way they made the WiFi icon look it bugs the hell out of me and its very annoying. My phone has been laggy ever since the update and some of my stuff won't work properly. It's incredibly annoying hurts my eyes and gives me head ache. My phone was perfect the way it was. Is there anyway to go back on the update?
    07-09-2015 01:51 AM
    since the update each time my phone turns off and i turn it back on. it doesnt just turn on instead it goes to recovery menu and i have to start it from there its not huge but its very annoying none the less. Is anyone else having this happen? i tried a factory reset no fix
    07-09-2015 02:07 AM
    To me personally it sucks. I don't like how the search bar app marker and keyboard are white. And I especially hate the way they made the WiFi icon look it bugs the hell out of me and its very annoying. My phone has been laggy ever since the update and some of my stuff won't work properly. It's incredibly annoying hurts my eyes and gives me head ache. My phone was perfect the way it was. Is there anyway to go back on the update?
    You can only revert back to Kit-Kat if you root your phone. Even then, I'm not sure the proper way is available yet.

1. Wi-Fi indicator is actually fine by me. I guess you got used to the tiers rather than a solid icon. However, it does show your signal strength and shouldn't be any more annoying than before.

2. The search bar can be removed by long pressing on the home screen, select Settings and selecting to remove it.

3. Google Keyboard is set to white by default on Lollipop but you're not forced to use it as such. Just go to Settings/Languages and Inputs/Google Keyboard/Appearances and Layouts. You have 4 options here including the one you're seeing by default.

4. Your phone shouldn't be laggy after the update. You have two options to solve this issue. The first one would be clearing your cache and the second would be a factory reset. A cache clear will not result in a loss of data. To do a cache clearing, follow the instructions in the topic I'm linking to. Post #9 is what you're looking for: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post4525397
    07-09-2015 04:42 AM
    Ah thank you so much. Other question, I keep getting "hangouts has stopped working". I don't even use this app and have no idea what it is or why it is crashing all day...
    Mine has stopped, what I did was delete all hangouts data and cache. And kept it disabled
    07-09-2015 05:34 AM
    You can only revert back to Kit-Kat if you root your phone. Even then, I'm not sure the proper way is available yet.
    Are you sure about that? Generally When Motorola updates the bootloader it will not allow the phone to downgrade, even if it is rooted.
    07-09-2015 05:38 AM
    Are you sure about that? Generally When Motorola updates the bootloader it will not allow the phone to downgrade, even if it is rooted.
    I've read that you would be able to but I believe it would require a special way of doing it. That's why I say I'm not sure if its even available as of yet.
    07-09-2015 05:45 AM
    Two questions / complaints. Fist is there anyway to get rid of the ugly white google search bar? or at lest have it be transparent? Second and this one is really bad. I need to know if you can turn of notifications that pop up. If I turn of notifications I don't even get the little icon in the status bar that I got an email, text or whatsup. I want the little icon but don't want the popup that shows who sent you the message and even some of the content. Very unprofessional when you are showing something on your phone and email messages pop up. I am a consultant and work for different clients and don't want clients seeing stuff.
    adayoff likes this.
    07-09-2015 11:26 AM
    I need to know if you can turn of notifications that pop up. If I turn of notifications I don't even get the little icon in the status bar that I got an email, text or whatsup. I want the little icon but don't want the popup that shows who sent you the message and even some of the content. Very unprofessional when you are showing something on your phone and email messages pop up. I am a consultant and work for different clients and don't want clients seeing stuff.

Totally agree and can't stand it myself. The fact that there is no control to use popup over ticker is a feature that should have never changed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-09-2015 11:37 AM
    Two questions / complaints. Fist is there anyway to get rid of the ugly white google search bar? or at lest have it be transparent? Second and this one is really bad. I need to know if you can turn of notifications that pop up. If I turn of notifications I don't even get the little icon in the status bar that I got an email, text or whatsup. I want the little icon but don't want the popup that shows who sent you the message and even some of the content. Very unprofessional when you are showing something on your phone and email messages pop up. I am a consultant and work for different clients and don't want clients seeing stuff.
    If you long press on a blank space on the home screen you should see "Settings". Select that "Settings" and you will see the option to include the Google search bar on the home screen by toggling on or off. There is also a thread on this in the Forum.
    07-09-2015 11:42 AM
    What is the circle that looks like a contact on the notification pull down? I select that and it says no contact exists.
    07-09-2015 12:57 PM
    If you open up your contacts app, you will notice at the top there is a Me contact with a "set up my profile". If you set up your profile, this info will now pop up when you click on the contact icon in the notification bar. What is this good for? Beats me. I guess that is the better question.

07-09-2015 01:28 PM
    Yes, you can edit the notification bar and remove or add any button you want.
    How do you edit your quick settings?

Sent via my DROID Turbo via Mr. Universe's Signal...because you can't stop the signal!
    07-09-2015 05:33 PM
    My Bluetooth headphones have a lot of drop-outs after the upgrade. :-(

There are also glitches with the Phone app ending a call.

Everything worked great for me before that. Love my Droid Turbo.
    07-09-2015 05:39 PM
    Anyone else having there phones turn on straight to bootloader like I am. Kind of annoying adds an extra step to turning on my phone

07-09-2015 06:42 PM
    What is the circle that looks like a contact on the notification pull down? I select that and it says no contact exists.
    If you go into google+ settings and select 'keep my contacts updated' it'll pull that down for you automatically.
    07-09-2015 07:56 PM
    I want to update everyone on the Bluetooth glitch where listening to music will force you reboot your phone because notification volumes at the highest setting play at medium volume.

Make sure you close the music application first whether it be SiriusXM or another music application. Then turn off the Bluetooth headset/disconnect from Droid Turbo. If I disconnected the headset first it always messed up, but doing it this way has been great so far. Will update if I have an issue.
    07-09-2015 08:08 PM
    This makes no sense. I did setup my profile however I can't think of why I would want to see my info with the selecting that icon.
    07-10-2015 09:02 AM
    I want to update everyone on the Bluetooth glitch where listening to music will force you reboot your phone because notification volumes at the highest setting play at medium volume.

Make sure you close the music application first whether it be SiriusXM or another music application. Then turn off the Bluetooth headset/disconnect from Droid Turbo. If I disconnected the headset first it always messed up, but doing it this way has been great so far. Will update if I have an issue.
    It sounds similar to the issue I had in K, where if I disconnected BT before manually stopping music or closing a music app, I wouldn't be able to press any type of 'play' button in any app or interface.

As a note, that issue was corrected during the last KK update we got. The issue is not present with L from what I've see.
    mrcraft2u likes this.
    07-10-2015 11:16 AM
    There is an app that will get rid of the pop up notification very simple install then start the app and notifications are all better Its called HeadsOff in the app store
    Bagua likes this.
    07-10-2015 01:57 PM
    I've done the Lollipop update (seems appropriate cause it SUCKS) can not connect to wifi anywhere. If I scan it won't pick up wifi. Home or at office.
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

Brett
    07-10-2015 10:08 PM
    I've done the Lollipop update (seems appropriate cause it SUCKS) can not connect to wifi anywhere. If I scan it won't pick up wifi. Home or at office.
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

Brett
    This is the Turbo forum, you should be posting this in the Note 3 forum. First Touchwiz is pretty different from Motorola's minimal skin, and I doubt the Note 3's Lollipop update is anywhere near the same as the Turbo's, so this probably wouldn't be the best place to get help from.

Here's a link to the Note 3 forum:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/
    07-10-2015 10:19 PM
    So i just did a cache wipe to try and bring my battery life back to normal, and I was hoping the "Android is starting, optimizing apps" notification would go away but I still get that every reboot. Anyone have an answere?
    07-11-2015 05:43 AM
    So i just did a cache wipe to try and bring my battery life back to normal, and I was hoping the "Android is starting, optimizing apps" notification would go away but I still get that every reboot. Anyone have an answere?
    I've said it before, now I'll say it again - if you're having issues like that after an update, back everything up from storage and do a factory data reset.
    Namrobo likes this.
    07-11-2015 05:56 AM
    I've said it before, now I'll say it again - if you're having issues like that after an update, back everything up from storage and do a factory data reset.
    This
    07-11-2015 06:30 AM
    This
    This this

VZWsucks likes this.
    07-11-2015 12:46 PM
438 ... 1314151617 ...