09-14-2015 07:25 PM
438 ... 15161718
tools
    I often look at the directory structure of my Turbo while connecting it to my computer and I have many times found files and old folders from apps that I have removed. At least for me it does seem a lot like Windows where remnants are left......and I remove those remnants when I find them.
    Those are all stored data files in storage, definitely not things like Windows dll files, which can be both parts of apps and updates to Windows system files. It's like uninstalling word and it leaves your documents behind (which is likely what you want.) The two are really not comparable at all. Those files left behind cannot be executed as applications.
    07-12-2015 08:56 PM
    Just because Im for the simplest solution possible, especially if it can be internal to the OS. More apps = more bloat = more crap = frustration. I have the bare minimum amount of apps to accomplish what I need on this phone.
    The Turbo, with 3GB RAM and 64GB internal storage can handle anything you care to throw at it. If you are using the bare minimum of apps you are likely getting the bare minimum of enjoyment out of your Turbo.
    maxman1 likes this.
    07-12-2015 10:41 PM
    Couple questions...

What is the best way to "clone" what I have now and restore after an FDR? I did the cache clear thing, but there are still things that feel "off" about the phone. Will I get paid apps back, such as nova prime, after a factory wipe?
    -Is there any way to get that settings widget back that allowed me to change brightness/bluetooth/wifi, etc?
    -Can I disable the stupid dropdown alert window with text info that crowds half the dang screen when Im in a game or doing something else?? Or is the ONLY way to disable alerts completely?

Thanks for any help
    Your apps are all saved in Google Play (if you got them there) and will be available to reinstall. Your contacts should all be in Google to reload after the FDR.
    The power bar widget is gone. I am sure there are some app replacements out there, but I'm just trying to get used to the two finger drop down. Not as convenient, but not terrible either.
    And not that anyone is aware, unless you go into each app that gives notifications and shut them off. Problem then is that you won't get any notification.
    07-13-2015 08:58 AM
    There... Ahem... may or may not be another update coming soon. I cannot confirm or deny this. Your mileage may or may not vary with this post. I just advise to, um, soak it all in, or not, and run with it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    tcmeiss, mobrules and berserker like this.
    07-20-2015 08:46 PM
    Sooooo......they may or may not be fixing a few bugs or they may or may not be making the awesome turbo even awesomer...??? That's awesome...or not. ..lol

07-20-2015 09:46 PM
    There... Ahem... may or may not be another update coming soon. I cannot confirm or deny this. Your mileage may or may not vary with this post. I just advise to, um, soak it all in, or not, and run with it.

Ahem, *cough*. Oh my.
    07-20-2015 10:33 PM

That may or may not be good news.

07-20-2015 11:57 PM
    Some kind of battery fix I hope.
    07-21-2015 12:33 AM
    Its available ota.
    07-21-2015 08:42 AM
    Downloaded the update but can't install yet because my battery is below 25% but its plugged in.

Is this a soak test? I am signed up for these but got no nitrification of one going out.
    07-21-2015 08:42 AM
    Nope looks like just regular download. Talking to VZW right now to see what's supposed to be different
    Edit-vzw tier 2 didn't even know it was out or even what's in it.
    07-21-2015 08:49 AM
    Nope looks like just regular download. Talking to VZW right now to see what's supposed to be different
    Doubt they'll know, I don't see any updates yet and I believe they only know what we can find.

I know you're hoping for a battery fix but I must say I've had no issues at all since Lollipop released. Not saying your experience is incorrect but its odd. Hope this new one doesn't screw me over, lol.

Edit - downloaded but still unsure of what it did.
    07-21-2015 08:52 AM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=cDnV7bEp

Supposed to support multi user now, but I'm not seeing it.

07-21-2015 10:14 AM
    Doubt they'll know, I don't see any updates yet and I believe they only know what we can find.

I know you're hoping for a battery fix but I must say I've had no issues at all since Lollipop released. Not saying your experience is incorrect but its odd. Hope this new one doesn't screw me over, lol.

Edit - downloaded but still unsure of what it did.
    Yes my battery issues are due to low/weak 4g signal. Usually about -120 and 1 bar. I used tasker to control that so it was not running when my screen timed out. But 5.1 removed the ability of tasker being able to do that.

I complained quite loudly so maybe that's why they pushed this update out to me. I'm not part of and never signed up for soak test.
    07-21-2015 10:51 AM
    Yes my battery issues are due to low/weak 4g signal. Usually about -120 and 1 bar. I used tasker to control that so it was not running when my screen timed out. But 5.1 removed the ability of tasker being able to do that.

I complained quite loudly so maybe that's why they pushed this update out to me. I'm not part of and never signed up for soak test.
    Ah, I remember you saying this. I read your post and thought you were having actual issues related to something else. I hope they fix it soon.
    mobrules likes this.
    07-21-2015 10:54 AM
    Edit-vzw tier 2 didn't even know it was out or even what's in it.
    There may or may not have been a survey asking which version of the Lollipop OS (23xxx or 24xxx) when discussing or not discussing any potential situations or non potential situations that may or may not soak into select phones.

So an OTA download may or may not be connected to this survey that may or may not exist. This potentially non-existent survey may or may not be in regards to something higher in release number.

gemery#CB and mobrules like this.
    07-21-2015 12:51 PM
    On XDA someone found a line of code that references 5.1.1 in the latest download
    Newdroid122 likes this.
    07-22-2015 06:04 PM
    Android version still says 5.1. Hmm.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    07-22-2015 06:07 PM
    Android version still says 5.1. Hmm.

Yes they found it in the actual code.
    07-22-2015 07:16 PM
    So the update was 5.1.1?

07-22-2015 07:18 PM
    Nope but in the download somewhere in the code is a reference to 5.1.1

It's way over my head but they are discussing it and trying to root so figured I would share
    07-22-2015 07:28 PM
    Battery life appears to be better for me after the update.
    Perhaps it was just the battery-life improvements from 5.1.1?
    VZWsucks likes this.
    07-23-2015 12:31 PM
    So what exactly was the update for? I checked the update info and it redirected me to VW website and said it offers multiuser support.
    I don't know where the change is.
    Am i missing something?
    07-23-2015 02:13 PM
    So what exactly was the update for? I checked the update info and it redirected me to VW website and said it offers multiuser support.
    I don't know where the change is.
    Am i missing something?
    Verizon is notoriously vague about exactly what the updates are for. Sometimes Motorola publishes changelogs on their site, but sometimes up to a month after the update hits.
    07-23-2015 03:47 PM
    One fix I'm noticing from the small update is my notification sounds don't automatically mute to vibrate while listening to SiriusXM on Bluetooth. I could manually turn the volume up but why should I? Thankfully, it works as it did pre-lp
    07-23-2015 08:47 PM
438 ... 15161718