09-14-2015 07:25 PM
438 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I know it's early, but battery life is absolutely incredible. Very noticeable difference.
    berserker and tcmeiss like this.
    07-02-2015 08:35 AM
    I know it's early, but battery life is absolutely incredible. Very noticeable difference.
    Same here! I was pleasantly surprised, especially since my office is in a network-starved area.
    07-02-2015 09:08 AM
    Which is a logical thought I've wondered about but then your last sentence is truth: I disabled it for I don't use it and well... Yeah...

Also found that I cannot disable the emergency alert app. I can't remember if I could on KK or not. But I don't ever use that app and have no need for it. I turn everything I can off on it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    When I first installed 5.1 I got a popup after firstboot that asked if I wanted to get alerts, so it must be somewhere in there to disable it, not helpful I know.

07-02-2015 09:52 AM
    Battery was horrible for me for a bit. But after i did a cache partition wipe, man has that changed. So far anyway but idle seems to have improved. 8hours idle used to be about 6% for me over night. Now its about 3 to 4%.
    The battery indicator seems to be more accurate, i guess that gives me an impression that it drains faster. Not sure but screen on time seems cumulatively the same. Just better idle for a fact.
    Gonna see how it handles games.... Used to get 3 to 4hours of heavy Clashing.
    07-02-2015 11:52 AM
    So I got the update and all is working and looking great. Just a quick question though, is there a way to get the Google Now swipe left screen at all? I know it was missing in KK and I used to have it on a rooted S3, was this a feature that was actually removed from the launcher itself or is this a result of a Moto thing?
    07-02-2015 11:54 AM
    So I got the update and all is working and looking great. Just a quick question though, is there a way to get the Google Now swipe left screen at all? I know it was missing in KK and I used to have it on a rooted S3, was this a feature that was actually removed from the launcher itself or is this a result of a Moto thing?
    You can get that w/ the Google Now launcher, which is Google's "3rd party" home screen launcher.
    07-02-2015 11:57 AM
    Anyone else having an issue where the screen dims with a notification? Specifically, whenever I receive a text through textra, my screen dims until the banner disappears or I manually swipe it out of the way. I am using lux lite, but everything worked fine prior to the update.

Also - sometimes my screen just turns itself up to 100% brightness without me doing anything. Auto adjust is off and when I go to swipe it back to where I have it, it doesn't recognize the brightness is all the way up, nor does lux lite.

07-02-2015 12:18 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but WiFi range and speed has increased dramatically.
    07-02-2015 12:27 PM
    Anyone else having an issue where the screen dims with a notification? Specifically, whenever I receive a text through textra, my screen dims until the banner disappears or I manually swipe it out of the way. I am using lux lite, but everything worked fine prior to the update.

Also - sometimes my screen just turns itself up to 100% brightness without me doing anything. Auto adjust is off and when I go to swipe it back to where I have it, it doesn't recognize the brightness is all the way up, nor does lux lite.

Not sure what lux lite is, and I'm not using Textra, but the fact that the same setup didn't do this before makes me think it is an app compatibility thing with Lollipop. Maybe one of those apps isn't playing well with it.
    07-02-2015 12:27 PM
    I updated yesterday afternoon. the update took a while but seemed to go pretty smoothly. I noticed the heat up as well but quickly cooled down. Transitions seem smoother to me. I haven't noticed any battery difference yet but I was fine with it before so i'm good there. 2 issues i noticed though were as follows. speaker volume seems to be quieter to me, it was never super loud while listening to songs/videos but now it seems a bit quieter. The most frustrating issue I had was I could not twist to launch the camera unless the camera was already used before. If I closed the camera and then try the twist, no go. I am able to chop for the light however, so I decided to try something. I turned off the chop for light setting and now the camera works. so maybe the phone gets confused between the chop and twist motion. Anyone else notice this?
    07-02-2015 12:30 PM

I am using textra with no problems
    07-02-2015 12:32 PM
    I updated yesterday afternoon. the update took a while but seemed to go pretty smoothly. I noticed the heat up as well but quickly cooled down. Transitions seem smoother to me. I haven't noticed any battery difference yet but I was fine with it before so i'm good there. 2 issues i noticed though were as follows. speaker volume seems to be quieter to me, it was never super loud while listening to songs/videos but now it seems a bit quieter. The most frustrating issue I had was I could not twist to launch the camera unless the camera was already used before. If I closed the camera and then try the twist, no go. I am able to chop for the light however, so I decided to try something. I turned off the chop for light setting and now the camera works. so maybe the phone gets confused between the chop and twist motion. Anyone else notice this?
    I didn't know if that was me or not, but it seems I'm not the only one with that issue. Didn't really care though. Hardly use speaker.
    07-02-2015 12:35 PM
    I can now read and reply to texts through my 2015 mazda 3! Sweet!

Anyone else having an issue where you can't preview texts in moto display using verizon's message+?
    07-02-2015 12:37 PM
    When I first installed 5.1 I got a popup after firstboot that asked if I wanted to get alerts, so it must be somewhere in there to disable it, not helpful I know.

Might have been to turn the alerts off but not disable the app under Settings -> Apps, which is what should be an option.

But my biggest pet peeve so far is the ringer to vibrate to silent change that didn't need to be changed. They broke what was perfect.

Still determining what I actually like about the update, if I do like something or something that seems second nature so quick that I forgot about it.

Change always takes time to get used to but I am not sure if I am a fan of this OS. I have enjoyed other upgrades. This one the verdict is still out there and I am not sure it will be good when it comes in. Still giving it time.

07-02-2015 12:50 PM
    Have you guys noticed that when you unpin a screen with a PW lock, it takes you all the to your lock screen? Is it supposed to be like that?
    Also is there a way to remove the tutorial pop up everytime u pin something? Kinda annoying.
    Also i found a glitch: when you pin a screen but hit back or home on accident before it loads all the way it ends up pinning your homescreen. And no you cant access any apps.
    07-02-2015 01:18 PM
    My wife and I have the updated avail, but yet to install. Today, her Android OS is absolutely destroying her battery to the tune of 28% app usage. She went from 96% charge when she left the house at 7a to 15% now at 2:30p (not on WiFi). Again, update hasn't been installed. My phone, on WiFi all day, is fine.

Anyone else notice this?
    07-02-2015 02:47 PM
    Is that better/quicker than the "swipe over home button" action?

07-02-2015 03:13 PM
    Y

07-02-2015 03:15 PM
    I've always thought that Swipe from home to get to Google now was finicky on the Turbo. I suspect it was due to the Capacative buttons. Usually I hold the home button until I see the "Google" bubble appear then swipe up.

That being said, if you have the same issue as me above, I could see how the Google Now Launcher would be quicker. Never actually tried it though. I prefer customizable icons to quicker access to GN.
    07-02-2015 03:17 PM
    Not sure what lux lite is, and I'm not using Textra, but the fact that the same setup didn't do this before makes me think it is an app compatibility thing with Lollipop. Maybe one of those apps isn't playing well with it.
    I rebooted my phone, cleared cache, no fix. I just uninstalled lux lite and it seems to be behaving now.

(Lux lite is an app that controls your phone's brightness and can go darker/brighter than the system's default settings. It saves a little battery but of course the battery you save with your brightness is used powering the app in the background)

AMTrombley0924 likes this.
    07-02-2015 04:25 PM
    I guess I'm the only one who's phone bricked when downloading Lollipop.

My Verizon cloud was maxed out at 5gb.. didnt know until today that i actually had 25gb with my "all everything plan".. so i'm going to lose all of my photos, video and new contacts since December because i didnt backup. Absolutely sick!
    07-02-2015 05:08 PM
    Sorry Cajun. That's a tough one to take
    07-02-2015 05:15 PM
    Sorry Cajun. That's a tough one to take
    Two minutes after typing my post the doorbell rang.. FedEx with my replacement Droid Turbo.. Got here a day early... Was at Verizon Store at 6pm last night. They said it was too late in the day for it to arrive today.. So.. kudos to Verizon for that.
    07-02-2015 05:18 PM
    Two minutes after typing my post the doorbell rang.. FedEx with my replacement Droid Turbo.. Got here a day early... Was at Verizon Store at 6pm last night. They said it was too late in the day for it to arrive today.. So.. kudos to Verizon for that.
    Is it new or refurbished?
    07-02-2015 05:26 PM
    Is it new or refurbished?
    I cant tell.. looks new to me. Could very well be a refurb though.
    07-02-2015 05:37 PM
438 ... 56789 ...