DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
So far so good ... Some things I noted:

1 - phone gets very hot during update, but cools back down as others said
2 - took 9 min on WiFi, about 26 min on 4G to download (using a friends numbers for comparison)
3 - I have 62 apps, took 11 minutes to "optimize" apps and overall seemed faster install than most precious ones
4 - Google play services takes some time to settle down, you'll get pop ups to update it, just wait like 5 minutes and things should settle down.
5 - I had no apps opened before the restart to install but once in Lollipop when went to open apps I had about a dozen sitting there so not sure what it reverts that back to after the install

Overall so far seems benign and running smoothly ... Seems transitions into and out of apps and among apps is smooth, at first was jerky but after 5-10 min all's well.

Posted via the Android Central App

zen45

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
my wifi seems to be better it isn't dropping off like it did before, but my settings has a different look and I cant seem to find the info about my file system ! the update went smooth no hickups .

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Got my update, so far so good, doing a cache wipe now but don't think I need to do an FDR, everything is working just fine... just have to get used to the new look

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
So my Google Play Services has been stuck on this updating screen for 30 minutes. This is after I stopped and restarted the process a couple of times. I will not have a chance to factory reset until tomorrow at the earliest. I know I saw some issues with Google Play Services somewhere, but I can't find it. Anyone have any advice?

deaeaf2c03fb3b2152bcb89fd884eb01.jpg

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So my Google Play Services has been stuck on this updating screen for 30 minutes. This is after I stopped and restarted the process a couple of times. I will not have a chance to factory reset until tomorrow at the earliest. I know I saw some issues with Google Play Services somewhere, but I can't find it. Anyone have any advice?

It eventually resolves itself. I'm not sure why, but it took quite sometime before this updated.

gherman222

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: bugs after updating.

1. Can't change input by pulling down the input, nothing happened when ib clicked other inputs.
2. Google services crashed.
3. Much hotter than before, I don't play game on my phone so I never had issues about becoming hotter on my phone, but after upgrading it was much hotter.

What keyboard is that?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

I absolutely love the update.

Yes Kit-Kat was fine, and worked. But I'm even happier with the phone now.

the wait was ridiculous, but it is over.

ktabel01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. Don't like the white Google search box or background in the app drawer. Also don't like they I have to use the bottom multitab button in chrome to look at my browser windows. Where did they button go from within chrome

ktabel01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Fixed. There is a new setting in chrome called merge tabs. It was on by default. Flipped it off and back to a tab button within opera

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
the colors make me want to scream. no way to change them.
Colors should not make you want to scream. Did you get shot? Stabbed? Stub your toe? If not, relax. It's a phone, updated by Google's Material Design standards. :)

Last edited:

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. Don't like the white Google search box or background in the app drawer. Also don't like they I have to use the bottom multitab button in chrome to look at my browser windows. Where did they button go from within chrome
This is an option that can be changed. Set merged apps to "Off".

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone noticing their KitKat status bar burnt in? Not really sure how, since it was black and those pixels wouldn't have been on, but it's still mildly annoying

That is screen burn in that can happen on amoled displays. I had a severe case of it on an old Galaxy S3 that I wasn't able to remedy. It happens when you have the screen on for long periods in the same orientation. On my S3, I have a bright strip down the right side of the display from it being in landscape mode turned 90° to the left. Best way I have seen to prevent it is to mix it up and rotate 90° the opposite way from how you normally do. There are apps that will flash different colors on the screen to try and bring it out of it, but if it's too far along, there's probably no fix.