DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I have gotten that too and I think I know what it means. Say for example I have 4g on only, I turn on wifi, there is initially a ! next to the wifi icon while it connects. Then when you turn off wifi there is a ! next to the 4g symbol while it fully switches over. I think its because in older version there would be two color changes to show when its connecting and when fully connected. Lollipop theres only one color so the ! means its not fully connected yet

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else's Google search on the main page glitch to where it moves it almost out of screen at the top? Also has anyone tried ART?

Posted via the Android Central App

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
my battery life seems better by a little.

And yes I forgot to mention from time to time I am getting a google hangouts has stopped working notification, even though it is disabled. Not a big deal bug but a big nonetheless

You probably need to update it even though it's disabled, since its got ties no doubt to part of the Google play services package its probably doing some kind of check-in. Try enabling it and updating it. See if errors go away. Unfortunately if you disable it will downgrade and you'll be back in the same boat most likely.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You probably need to update it even though it's disabled, since its got ties no doubt to part of the Google play services package its probably doing some kind of check-in. Try enabling it and updating it. See if errors go away. Unfortunately if you disable it will downgrade and you'll be back in the same boat most likely.

Which is a logical thought I've wondered about but then your last sentence is truth: I disabled it for I don't use it and well... Yeah...

Also found that I cannot disable the emergency alert app. I can't remember if I could on KK or not. But I don't ever use that app and have no need for it. I turn everything I can off on it.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Motorola Left Out Guest Mode and Multi-User Support in Your DROID Turbo’s Lollipop Update

That's odd. My Lollipopped (5.1) Moto X (2013) has a provision for setting up a guess account. I can't imagine how I'd ever use it however.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else's Google search on the main page glitch to where it moves it almost out of screen at the top? Also has anyone tried ART?

Everyone on lollipop has tried ART since its the only thing available on lollipop

ktabel01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten that too and I think I know what it means. Say for example I have 4g on only, I turn on wifi, there is initially a ! next to the wifi icon while it connects. Then when you turn off wifi there is a ! next to the 4g symbol while it fully switches over. I think its because in older version there would be two color changes to show when its connecting and when fully connected. Lollipop theres only one color so the ! means its not fully connected yet

That's what I've seen as well

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Downloading now.

Are there any issues with using Nova backup after or do I have to set everything up again from scratch?

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
For the Hangouts issue:

I have it disabled and I was still getting that message. I went in and force stopped it. and then I re-enabled it and disabled it again, followed by another force stop just in case.

It hasn't happened since.

Last edited:

Namrobo

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
So far so good. Battery life does seem a tad worse, (91% with 40mins screen on time vs 1hr to 1:20 /10% before) but then again its just come off the install. Im a hard gamer also so i guess (hope not as iv had this phone 6months) my battery is at 80%longevity now.... Yeh gaming will kill your batter lol

ForsakenCrown

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Also found that I cannot disable the emergency alert app. I can't remember if I could on KK or not. But I don't ever use that app and have no need for it. I turn everything I can off on it.

You can't disable emergency alerts in case there's an emergency, such as a murderer in your area, kidnapping, etc. Doesn't matter if you don't use it, you still can't disable it.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You can't disable emergency alerts in case there's an emergency, such as a murderer in your area, kidnapping, etc. Doesn't matter if you don't use it, you still can't disable it.

I went in and unchecked every single box that could be unchecked that was checked by default. No extreme threats, severe threats, AMBER alerts, the turn on notifications is off, alert reminder is off (by default on that one), vibrate off, speak alert message off. I think the only thing I'd get would be a mandatory Presidential alert.

So basically, the app is disabled. Nothing is going to come through essentially. And if there is a Presidential alert, somehow, I think we'd all know BEFORE the alert went out. Which means it is a useless app, and I should be able to completely disable it. But whatever. It is what it is, I suppose.