DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
One thing I'm curious about is how well the battery saver mode works. Before in KitKat I was getting typically about 2 days of battery life. I'm going to run with battery saver enabled. My only concern is how often it will allow email sulync etc. No one seems to be clear. Some make it sound like it just suppresses it for a longer time and some make you feel like you have to manually check everything

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For the Hangouts issue:

I have it disabled and I was still getting that message. I went in and force stopped it. and then I re-enabled it and disabled it again, followed by another force stop just in case.

It hasn't happened since.

I went in, force stopped, enabled, disabled, force stop couldn't be done again as it was grayed out. Also cleared data/cache. Now I will wait to see what happens. It'll pop up soon enough. I'll know by tomorrow for sure as I get it somewhat frequently. Hopefully your tips work.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So is anyone else getting the Google Hangouts crashed error (or similar) when it isn't even installed? I could reinstall and reinstall I guess but it is annoying. Of course it has quit working -- it isn't supposed to work by design!

I haven't gotten the nerve to factory reset yet knowing I'd have to redownload everything and reset my phone how I like it but I may have to as my keyboard issue still exists.

Posted via the Android Central App

When I did a factory reset it actually asked if I wanted to automatically restore all of my apps. I selected yes and it redownloaded them all automatically. You lose all data though.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Did the update no cache wipe or full and didn't have to restore anything. All screens, apps, everything stayed the same.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My phone is working beautifully since the update. It was working nicely prior to that as well. Not sure if it's just me, but my speaker volume seems a little louder when playing music.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Only one problem I noticed... My Bluetooth acted up and Pandora doesn't send artist or song title to my radio anymore *shrug*

I noticed in the Moto app in settings, there is a check box that says something about Bluetooth not sending proper information. You should look into that and see if it helps. I haven't had that issue, but I've only used PocketCast so far.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
So far everything seems good to me. One small thing that is driving me nuts though is when using my smartwatch with Smart Lock, I still have to swipe to unlock. The old style on KK, it would go directly to my home screen when I hit the power button. I know its small, but its one extra step I'm not used to doing.

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
So everything is amazing outside of Google Play Services giving me issues. It's telling me that it needs updated but when I open the Play store it provides me with options to deactivate or open, not update.

Anyone else?

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else's Google search on the main page glitch to where it moves it almost out of screen at the top?

No but I am seeing the search bar appear when I hit the right button to close out apps. Nova has it turned off and it's not on the home screen. Only appears when closing apps

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
So everything is amazing outside of Google Play Services giving me issues. It's telling me that it needs updated but when I open the Play store it provides me with options to deactivate or open, not update.

Anyone else?

Worked itself out. It downloaded on its own and now things are running smoothly.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I went in, force stopped, enabled, disabled, force stop couldn't be done again as it was grayed out. Also cleared data/cache. Now I will wait to see what happens. It'll pop up soon enough. I'll know by tomorrow for sure as I get it somewhat frequently. Hopefully your tips work.

Interesting, mine was not grayed out afterward. Either way, it's been almost 9 hours and it hasn't happened since for me.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that when I receive a message my whole screen wakes up for a couple seconds instead of the moto display. The screens then turns off and then I can use the battery saving moto display. How do you avoid the initial wake up which shows you your message contents?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that when I receive a message my whole screen wakes up for a couple seconds instead of the moto display. The screens then turns off and then I can use the battery saving moto display. How do you avoid the initial wake up which shows you your message contents?

Go to settings, then display, scroll down and turn off ambient display.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Before 5.1 benchmark test

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-17-13-18-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-17-13-18-44.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 255