DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so I've replicated a sound glitch. If I listen to music through Bluetooth I don't hear my notifications at all. Once I shut down the Bluetooth and music, all of my notifications sound like they're at half volume even at the highest setting. A reboot solves this but its VERY annoying and unacceptable.

I've actually had the before too, nit on this phone (haven't ran into this scenario for it to hapoen yet), but in my gnex, rooted with ICS and jelly bean too if I plugged my phone into my car stereo with aux to listen to music and someone called my phone, after they hung up my music was very low volume even though the volume wasn't changed, only could fix it with a reboot as you said. I'm just thinking is it possible it still is a bug no one fixed or did it just start now on the turbo?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've actually had the before too, nit on this phone (haven't ran into this scenario for it to hapoen yet), but in my gnex, rooted with ICS and jelly bean too if I plugged my phone into my car stereo with aux to listen to music and someone called my phone, after they hung up my music was very low volume even though the volume wasn't changed, only could fix it with a reboot as you said. I'm just thinking is it possible it still is a bug no one fixed or did it just start now on the turbo?

This just started with Lollipop and I've had a Turbo since launch. I've already done a factory reset for a different reason and it didn't solve it.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
One thing I also did for lollipop was, since I use chrome as my only web browser, the update disabled the in app button to switch tabs and close tabs and instead used only the app switching button. I didn't like that at all so I checked the button to revert it

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
One thing I also did for lollipop was, since I use chrome as my only web browser, the update disabled the in app button to switch tabs and close tabs and instead used only the app switching button. I didn't like that at all so I checked the button to revert it

I'm forcing myself to use Chrome the "new" way, but I'm honestly not liking it. I may switch it back to the old one so I can have my tabs together.

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

Didn't even think to check if this was possible. Awesome. Thanks for the heads up

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm forcing myself to use Chrome the "new" way, but I'm honestly not liking it. I may switch it back to the old one so I can have my tabs together.

Very strange but Lollipop on my Nexus (2013) tablet kept the old method of Chrome tabs whereas my Turbo has the new way.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Very strange but Lollipop on my Nexus (2013) tablet kept the old method of Chrome tabs whereas my Turbo has the new way.

I believe that's by design and probably because when people use tablets, they want the browser to act more like a desktop browser. Phone browsers have less display and people use them a tab at a time.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I believe that's by design and probably because when people use tablets, they want the browser to act more like a desktop browser. Phone browsers have less display and people use them a tab at a time.

I tried it the newer way and couldn't do it. I usually do have multiple tabs open and didn't like having them scattered throughout the Rolodex and having to hunt for them, so I went back.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
One more issue I have is that the active display motion sensors are far too unresponsive. Many times I'll have to physically move the phone when waving for 5 seconds doesn't work. One could argue they were too sensitive on Kit Kat, but they seem to have swung to the other end of the spectrum now. Most annoying change IMO.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
One more issue I have is that the active display motion sensors are far too unresponsive. Many times I'll have to physically move the phone when waving for 5 seconds doesn't work. One could argue they were too sensitive on Kit Kat, but they seem to have swung to the other end of the spectrum now. Most annoying change IMO.

My sensor seems to be the same. I just tested it and its as responsive as ever.

jrmt077

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
just a thought, make sure the sensors aren't gunked up, mine had lint trapped under cover lip at one point....just enough.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

What I dislike most about it was that you couldn't tell what each tab was because if you clicked in day 5 links from the same page, all of them would have the same title, but the old style had an individual name

JeffMerr

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
How are you guys getting the old chrome version back? I can't stand the new one and am confused why they would make the tabs like that. If it isn't broke why do they feel a need to always try and change things.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
How are you guys getting the old chrome version back? I can't stand the new one and am confused why they would make the tabs like that. If it isn't broke why do they feel a need to always try and change things.
Open Chrome and go to Settings. Turn off Merge Tabs and Apps.

JeffMerr

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Ah thank you so much. Other question, I keep getting "hangouts has stopped working". I don't even use this app and have no idea what it is or why it is crashing all day...