DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ah thank you so much. Other question, I keep getting "hangouts has stopped working". I don't even use this app and have no idea what it is or why it is crashing all day...

I'm not too sure since I don't have the issue. Hangouts is sort of like Skype but it allows you to use it as a text app also. It's a Google App, you could try to look the app in Settings/Apps and clear the cache and disable it.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ah thank you so much. Other question, I keep getting "hangouts has stopped working". I don't even use this app and have no idea what it is or why it is crashing all day...

I had the app disabled before the update and then had your issue. I force stopped it, enabled and updated it, disabled it and returned it to factory state, and I haven't had an issue since.

If you have it enabled right now, I'd disable it and then do the above instructions.

borgunit

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Generally I like the update. I like the notification panels and the phone seems faster. Set my Chrome tabs back to original and updated a few apps that needed to be updated. Interestingly, the my Verizon app seems a tad glitchy now. Overall a worthwhile upgrade.

Posted via the Android Central App

rutkind

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

5.1 has been a definite improvement...5.0 on my fiancees GS5 has been a disaster so I was worried but 5.1 on the Turbo has been great!

mmpotash

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Is there any way to change the white Google Search Bar and the Apps icon at the bottom with changing launchers or without removing them? They are too bright for me plus it wastes battery. KK was much better idea for these items.

kohanzo

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having problem with dropped calls whenever you are on HD calls... Since the update to Lollipop, I have dropped calls on every conversation when I on HD calls...

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Re: So what exactly is it that's so great about Lollipop again?

Ah, got it. Thanks! Is there a way to remove some of the toggles from the widget? I don't need the flashlight toggle there for instance.
Yes, you can edit the notification bar and remove or add any button you want.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Is there any way to change the white Google Search Bar and the Apps icon at the bottom with changing launchers or without removing them? They are too bright for me plus it wastes battery. KK was much better idea for these items.

No. Why not change the launcher? A launcher like action launcher or Nova will import the icons from the stock launcher, I believe.

Eddie Gee

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop Gripes

1. "Internet connection lost" (or something like that) wifi and 4g network lose connectivity, both icons show an exclamation point. Never had this issue before. Only last for a few seconds.

2. Turbo charging not always activated. Left phone changing for 30 min, checked phone was only at 25% and was not hot like usually is when turbo charging. Also phone said 7 hours till charge complete so clearly it was not turbo charging. Unplugged charger then plugged back in and turbo charger notification popped up. Phone started warming up quickly so i know it was working now.

3. Can't really say much about the battery because I've used my phone a lot lately and the battery has not been lasting very long. To be determined...

4. Accounts syncing error. Paypal shows sync is off. Already signed into my pp app and synced it to my phone but still there. Also Google account shows sync error (sync is currently experiencing problems, be back shortly). But when i check my google account, everything (contacts, docs etc) appear to be synching properly. Pretty weird.

If the Turbo had a quicker shutter and a fingerprint scanner this would be the perfect phone.

Attachments

• 20455.jpg
    20455.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 20454.jpg
    20454.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 136

Erin Wilson

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
To me personally it sucks. I don't like how the search bar app marker and keyboard are white. And I especially hate the way they made the WiFi icon look it bugs the hell out of me and its very annoying. My phone has been laggy ever since the update and some of my stuff won't work properly. It's incredibly annoying hurts my eyes and gives me head ache. My phone was perfect the way it was. Is there anyway to go back on the update?

danielcee3

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
since the update each time my phone turns off and i turn it back on. it doesnt just turn on instead it goes to recovery menu and i have to start it from there its not huge but its very annoying none the less. Is anyone else having this happen? i tried a factory reset no fix

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
To me personally it sucks. I don't like how the search bar app marker and keyboard are white. And I especially hate the way they made the WiFi icon look it bugs the hell out of me and its very annoying. My phone has been laggy ever since the update and some of my stuff won't work properly. It's incredibly annoying hurts my eyes and gives me head ache. My phone was perfect the way it was. Is there anyway to go back on the update?

You can only revert back to Kit-Kat if you root your phone. Even then, I'm not sure the proper way is available yet.

1. Wi-Fi indicator is actually fine by me. I guess you got used to the tiers rather than a solid icon. However, it does show your signal strength and shouldn't be any more annoying than before.

2. The search bar can be removed by long pressing on the home screen, select Settings and selecting to remove it.

3. Google Keyboard is set to white by default on Lollipop but you're not forced to use it as such. Just go to Settings/Languages and Inputs/Google Keyboard/Appearances and Layouts. You have 4 options here including the one you're seeing by default.

4. Your phone shouldn't be laggy after the update. You have two options to solve this issue. The first one would be clearing your cache and the second would be a factory reset. A cache clear will not result in a loss of data. To do a cache clearing, follow the instructions in the topic I'm linking to. Post #9 is what you're looking for: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...lipop-how-do-i-wipe-my-cache.html#post4525397

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You can only revert back to Kit-Kat if you root your phone. Even then, I'm not sure the proper way is available yet.

Are you sure about that? Generally When Motorola updates the bootloader it will not allow the phone to downgrade, even if it is rooted.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure about that? Generally When Motorola updates the bootloader it will not allow the phone to downgrade, even if it is rooted.

I've read that you would be able to but I believe it would require a special way of doing it. That's why I say I'm not sure if its even available as of yet.

sean corcoran1

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Two questions / complaints. Fist is there anyway to get rid of the ugly white google search bar? or at lest have it be transparent? Second and this one is really bad. I need to know if you can turn of notifications that pop up. If I turn of notifications I don't even get the little icon in the status bar that I got an email, text or whatsup. I want the little icon but don't want the popup that shows who sent you the message and even some of the content. Very unprofessional when you are showing something on your phone and email messages pop up. I am a consultant and work for different clients and don't want clients seeing stuff.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I need to know if you can turn of notifications that pop up. If I turn of notifications I don't even get the little icon in the status bar that I got an email, text or whatsup. I want the little icon but don't want the popup that shows who sent you the message and even some of the content. Very unprofessional when you are showing something on your phone and email messages pop up. I am a consultant and work for different clients and don't want clients seeing stuff.

Totally agree and can't stand it myself. The fact that there is no control to use popup over ticker is a feature that should have never changed.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Two questions / complaints. Fist is there anyway to get rid of the ugly white google search bar? or at lest have it be transparent? Second and this one is really bad. I need to know if you can turn of notifications that pop up. If I turn of notifications I don't even get the little icon in the status bar that I got an email, text or whatsup. I want the little icon but don't want the popup that shows who sent you the message and even some of the content. Very unprofessional when you are showing something on your phone and email messages pop up. I am a consultant and work for different clients and don't want clients seeing stuff.

If you long press on a blank space on the home screen you should see "Settings". Select that "Settings" and you will see the option to include the Google search bar on the home screen by toggling on or off. There is also a thread on this in the Forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2