DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope but in the download somewhere in the code is a reference to 5.1.1

It's way over my head but they are discussing it and trying to root so figured I would share

Namrobo

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
So what exactly was the update for? I checked the update info and it redirected me to VW website and said it offers multiuser support.
I don't know where the change is.
Am i missing something?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
So what exactly was the update for? I checked the update info and it redirected me to VW website and said it offers multiuser support.
I don't know where the change is.
Am i missing something?

Verizon is notoriously vague about exactly what the updates are for. Sometimes Motorola publishes changelogs on their site, but sometimes up to a month after the update hits.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
One fix I'm noticing from the small update is my notification sounds don't automatically mute to vibrate while listening to SiriusXM on Bluetooth. I could manually turn the volume up but why should I? Thankfully, it works as it did pre-lp

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The soak test may or may not have been concluded already and may or may not be a meaningless one given that Verizon may or may not have outright released it when the soak was or was not about to be released, which may or may not be the first time such an event has happened and may or may not leave a participant filling out any potential post-soak survey saying what was the point of soaking?

Posted via the Android Central App

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I got the update yesterday afternoon automatically. I see no difference from my first update a few weeks ago.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The soak test may or may not have been concluded already and may or may not be a meaningless one given that Verizon may or may not have outright released it when the soak was or was not about to be released, which may or may not be the first time such an event has happened and may or may not leave a participant filling out any potential post-soak survey saying what was the point of soaking?

I think that Motorola controls whether or not and when there is a soak test. Verizon controls when an update is published for the Droid brand. Idiotically, they have more than once had an update go live before a soak test was done. I guess this was another time; thankfully, I guess it was benign this time.

agkubo

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
After update, my Jabra extreme2 bluetooth has become unusable. People cannot hear me and if they do it's extremely choppy. I complained to Verizon who's tech confirmed the poor quality and they replaced my Droid Turbo. Was working fine for the few days I had the new phone and declined updating the system. Felt adventurous to try the update and just like that. the next call I made through the Jabra extreme2 the caller said I sounded like a robot!

Pretty clear, this is related to the Lollipop update. Can someone help?

Thanks

dj1807

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Alright everyone.. I've read through the thread looking to gather enough information to convince me to pull the trigger on updating to 5.1 or 5.1.1 ?? . KK 4.4.4 is sustaining a very stable environment for me at the moment, and I had been picking up some inconsistent viewpoints on the Lollipop flavor for our beloved Turbo. I would gladly welcome any advice pro or con. My general feel here is that most are having a fairly positive experience with the update and a few disappointments sprinkled in. Thanks in advance for compelling support one way or the other.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright everyone.. I've read through the thread looking to gather enough information to convince me to pull the trigger on updating to 5.1 or 5.1.1 ?? . KK 4.4.4 is sustaining a very stable environment for me at the moment, and I had been picking up some inconsistent viewpoints on the Lollipop flavor for our beloved Turbo. I would gladly welcome any advice pro or con. My general feel here is that most are having a fairly positive experience with the update and a few disappointments sprinkled in. Thanks in advance for compelling support one way or the other.

Been using Lollipop since Day 1 and loving it. Wouldn't go back even if I was given the option.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have also been using it since the first day and would never go back. I haven't had any problems. But to be fair, I didn't have any of the common problems that some were having before, such as calls going straight to voicemail, dropped calls using Advanced Calling and WiFi connection issues.

Sriram Rao1

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I have the Droid Turbo Indian version. I am currently on Android 5.0. Any ideas on when I could see the Android 5.1 upgrade?

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the Droid Turbo Indian version. I am currently on Android 5.0. Any ideas on when I could see the Android 5.1 upgrade?

Unfortunately, when you buy a new phone! :)

I'd love to know when my XT1225 will see 5.1.1 (or later), but Motorola has been silent in response to direct questions. Support/updates have been really bad (which is unfortunate given the great hardware), and it's bad enough to make me switch brands on my next purchase.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the 5.1 update included a "stagefright patch" to the Turbo?

I am 99% sure that it did not, but install this app and it will tell you.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....zimperium.stagefrightdetector&token=7eYx8LTu

(The app developer is the one who reported the vulnerabilities to Google.)

I am pretty sure that Moto already announced that they are patching all of their supported phones for Stagefright, some with just patches, some with Android version upgrades. The support goes back to the 2013 Moto X and 2013 Droids. So, it's possible there will just be a patch, it's possible that they will go with 5.1.1, if they do need to patch the Turbo.

Jerry Goodwin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
The colors are ridiculous and make me want to destroy the phone rather than have to look at it again! Preschool committee material design standards.
I guess you must be on the committee.