01-05-2017 12:39 PM
44 12
tools
    I just finished installing the update and everything seems great but is there any way to change the Google bar at the top of the home screen? I liked it when it was transparent and I would love to have it like that again or even just take it off.
    dmoss84 likes this.
    07-01-2015 01:32 PM
    I just finished installing the update and everything seems great but is there any way to change the Google bar at the top of the home screen? I liked it when it was transparent and I would love to have it like that again or even just take it off.
    The only way it can be changed is if you are using a third-party launcher, such as Nova. However, you'll lose some functionality of the home screen settings/functions if you disable the stock launcher.
    07-01-2015 01:38 PM
    The only way it can be changed is if you are using a third-party launcher, such as Nova. However, you'll lose some functionality of the home screen settings/functions if you disable the stock launcher.
    this will take some getting use to and I have only had my phone for 3 weeks. Must feel really weird for some of you guys.
    07-01-2015 02:10 PM
    If you're using the stock launcher long press a blank area of any screen, touch settings. there you can remove the Google bar.
    deesugar, NaytG, kjdjtara and 2 others like this.
    07-01-2015 02:33 PM
    Thanks for the tip removing the searxh bar. Wish it allowed that space to be used by the clock. It'd be nice to push it up higher.
    07-01-2015 02:43 PM
    Does anyone know a way to make the omni-present Google search box anything other than the bright white it is now with 5.1? With darker wallpaper it looks really bad. KitKat was much better.
    07-02-2015 03:40 PM
    Don't think there's a way to fix the color of it unfortunately. You could try using a different launcher like Nova, which would definitely allow you more customization.

Sent from my Droid Turbo
    07-02-2015 03:44 PM
    Nova launcher will let you change it.
    07-02-2015 03:52 PM
    Or you can touch and hold any blank spot then tap settings and disable it.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    kmf1 and anon(9227267) like this.
    07-02-2015 10:29 PM

I like that bar but with a darker background its so ugly and rough on the eyes. I deleted that immediately, lol.
    07-03-2015 05:55 AM

Yes I can...and Yes I did...THANKS.
    07-03-2015 06:21 AM
    Ah, didn't know I could disable it. Great tip! Thanks.
    07-03-2015 10:27 AM
    I just be the only person who uses that bar. I do so almost every day, sometimes several times.

The launcher action launcher 3 has a setting to change the color of the search bar, the folder background, and the app drawer background to go well with your background image. Nice feature...
    07-03-2015 11:04 AM
    I love the search bar too and use it quite regularly...Just wish it was transparent like before.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    07-03-2015 12:39 PM
    Your only option is Nova Launcher.

07-03-2015 06:03 PM
    Your only option is Nova Launcher.

Or, like I said, Action Launcher. Apex also can probably do it (not sure, I've never used that one.)
    07-03-2015 06:18 PM
    I did the update last night, played with it for a few hours and then again today. I want to mirror all the positive feedback so those who are patiently waiting to see if any issues before jumping, in a word JUMP! The update went without a hitch, smooth as silk. I love the new material design and 5.1 features. A word for those clamoring for a dark theme version: I originally was in that camp, but I think it is a vestigial concern we all have from days when battery drain was a constant concern. Its the future direction for Android so come into the light Everything pops now.
    07-03-2015 06:41 PM
    I did the update last night, played with it for a few hours and then again today. I want to mirror all the positive feedback so those who are patiently waiting to see if any issues before jumping, in a word JUMP! The update went without a hitch, smooth as silk. I love the new material design and 5.1 features. A word for those clamoring for a dark theme version: I originally was in that camp, but I think it is a vestigial concern we all have from days when battery drain was a constant concern. Its the future direction for Android so come into the light Everything pops now.

A white Google Search bar that's not even transparent is ridiculous. Its too bright and ruins the majority of wallpapers if we want to keep it. That's my biggest complaint more than anything since its on the home page.
    07-03-2015 06:58 PM
    How about trying a third party launcher like Nova or KK Launcher, that will solve this issue for you. Give it a shot see how you like it

http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...nd-screen.html
    07-03-2015 07:59 PM
    How about trying a third party launcher like Nova or KK Launcher, that will solve this issue for you. Give it a shot see how you like it
    I've used those before but I always switch back. I bought my Turbo because of the total package. But with that said, I removed the search bar. I just don't understand why were not given customization choices on an OS that screams customization.
    07-03-2015 08:04 PM
    Curious why you switched back from 3rd party launcher. Part of the customization experience is also the availability of 3rd party apps to do exactly this purpose. Did it cause battery drain or lag / stuttering? I was thinking of trying one just to get more material design choices.
    07-03-2015 08:11 PM
    Curious why you switched back from 3rd party launcher. Part of the customization experience is also the availability of 3rd party apps to do exactly this purpose. Did it cause battery drain or lag / stuttering? I was thinking of trying one just to get more material design choices.
    I really don't know. I just love Motorola for some reason. I dont think I have ever tried it on Motorola due to this. When I had a Samsung device I used a launcher because TouchWiz is awful but I never found it better than Motorola except for when Blur existed.
    jrmt077 likes this.
    07-03-2015 09:04 PM
    At Eclipse2K...do you know that you can long press the home screen and disable the search bar? An option anyway, but I agree that its new look is too much!

Sent from my Moto Droid Turbo 64G using Tapatalk.
    07-03-2015 09:47 PM
    At Eclipse2K...do you know that you can long press the home screen and disable the search bar? An option anyway, but I agree that its new look is too much!

Sent from my Moto Droid Turbo 64G using Tapatalk.
    Yes, first thing I did! Lol, I liked having it there but not enough for it to be bright white.
    07-03-2015 09:47 PM
    Reason why i went with Motorola is for the near stock android experience. Adding a launcher would just add unnecessary bulk, and cpu consumption imo; why i dont go well with touchwiz, sense, etc.

Launchers were relevent back in the day when android NEEDED it, or better yet a custom ROM. God i miss my old SGS Captivate from 4years ago... Clocked it so high....
    07-04-2015 12:36 AM
44 12