DROID TURBO 5.1 Lollipop: Sound Profiles, Volume/Vibrate/Silent Controls

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is setting someone as priority just checking the star in their profile? I didnt know if that did it or if there something else i needed to do.

Never mind i found it lol

Correct, star them in your contacts. Then when you set priority mode they can do as the profile states. Remember though, if you want them to ring while in priority mode, do NOT lower your volume! You must leave the ringer on. If you're unsure if you've done it correctly, call yourself from another phone that's set as a priority and see if it rings. To verify others won't, use the same phone but *67 in front to restrict. It should be silent.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

If you go into the apps themselves, some of them let you control this feature. Whatsapp app and the native texting app both allow you to change it. I'm not sure about overall settings though.

I apologize for the misinformation. You're correct the native app does not contain this setting. I thought I saw it yesterday after I received the update. Whatsapp definitely does though.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get my phone to be vibrate only OR silent

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

Mugenized

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Yeah, I checked WhatsApp and saw that they have long and short vibration patterns but sadly, nothing for the other apps.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get my phone to be vibrate only OR silent

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

For vibrate only, hit the volume button on the side, then tap the bell on the left. I don't think you can go completely silent unless you set interruptions to "none".

donaldmd13

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
This sucks. Someone mentioned above that they're taking AWAY functions (easy power-button-mash and vibrate) and making things more difficult. I can't get to just "vibrate". I hit the volume down button and none of those other two options ("Priority" and "none") vibrate the phone during a call or text ("All" does vibrate). Am I missing something? "Also vibrate for calls" is on. Thanks.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This sucks. Someone mentioned above that they're taking AWAY functions (easy power-button-mash and vibrate) and making things more difficult. I can't get to just "vibrate". I hit the volume down button and none of those other two options ("Priority" and "none") vibrate the phone during a call or text ("All" does vibrate). Am I missing something? "Also vibrate for calls" is on. Thanks.

Don't you turn the sound down to none in "All" mode to get vibrate-only?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Those options (All, Priority, None) are more or less do not disturb options.

All means there is no option set and everyone will reach you.

Priority means contacts that are designated priorities within your contacts (you star them at the top of each individual contact card) will break through the profile. Everyone else will be silent.

None means no one will break through. All silent.

When you set these up you have 3 options for a time frame. Indefinitely, an hour or your next alarm.

If you wish to vibrate for everyone, just hold the volume key down til it vibrates. Don't set a profile. Also, one thing to note: if you do set a Priority profile because you want it to ring for certain callers/messages (you can choose if you want both or one), do not change the volume to vibrate. Priority means it will do WHATEVER your volume is set to for PRIOROTY CONTACTS. It will be silent for EVERYONE else.

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
When you press the volume key you will see a bell icon next to the volume slider. Press the bell icon to change to vibrate only.
Never mind, info already given:)

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I use Volume Ace Free and this app solves my problems and I don't use the LP priority volume because it is too confusing

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I use Volume Ace Free and this app solves my problems and I don't use the LP priority volume because it is too confusing

Priority isn't all that confusing. I never use third party apps unless necessary.

In your contacts, set people as favorites or "Priority". You do this by selecting a contact and within their contact card select the STAR at the top right. That's all you need to do in order to set up the contacts. When you want these callers to be the only ones that can set off a notification, you hit the volume up or down key, select Priority and then choose Indefinitely, 1 Hour or alarm timer.

If you want no one to be able to reach you, select NONE.

Not much to it, give it a try if you ever want to. :)

jahnny1

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know why since yesterday all of a sudden when my phone goes into sleep mode (setup for the time I have in moto and only changed since yesterday from the moto update) that all of a sudden it shows the vibrate icon up in the top bar, next to the 4G icon. The moon appears on the left and the star next to the vibrate icon. I called it from my home phone and it doesn't ring or vibrate, still shows someone calling, but the vibrate icon is now appearing.

The star icon and moon always showed up since the 5.1 update (the moon always)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why since yesterday all of a sudden when my phone goes into sleep mode (setup for the time I have in moto and only changed since yesterday from the moto update) that all of a sudden it shows the vibrate icon up in the top bar, next to the 4G icon. The moon appears on the left and the star next to the vibrate icon. I called it from my home phone and it doesn't ring or vibrate, still shows someone calling, but the vibrate icon is now appearing.

The star icon and moon always showed up since the 5.1 update (the moon always)

Not sure but I'd disable the Moto sleep mode and just use Priority notifications. It does the same thing minus the ability to keep the display turned off.

Modemjunkie1

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: DROID TURBO 5.1 Lollipop: Sound Profiles, Volume/Vibrate/Silent Controlsiclikecthe

I need a fast way to turn off all sounds and vibrations. I was at a play yesterday and the Facebook pop and vibrations drove my neighbors crazy. .And of course I didn't dare turn off the phone because I feared the droid growl would broadcast.

I like the volume up/down rocker way of getting to the controls but it should have a no vibration option as well. Any other solutions?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: DROID TURBO 5.1 Lollipop: Sound Profiles, Volume/Vibrate/Silent Controlsiclikecthe

I need a fast way to turn off all sounds and vibrations. I was at a play yesterday and the Facebook pop and vibrations drove my neighbors crazy. .And of course I didn't dare turn off the phone because I feared the droid growl would broadcast.

I like the volume up/down rocker way of getting to the controls but it should have a no vibration option as well. Any other solutions?

As I posted above click the volume key and when the slider pops up click NONE. It silences it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you put your phone in vibrate first? I just hit Volume Up than select NONE. I don't change my volume from full but rather switch it with that button. I get the no sound icon.

VIP and non don't get through with even a vibrate.

Attachments

• 1439263826745.jpg
    1439263826745.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance