08-11-2015 01:07 PM
44 12
tools
    Maybe a stupid question, but how do I switch between vibrate & ring and just vibrate now? Holding the power button only gets me a "power off" button.
    07-01-2015 09:41 PM
    Maybe a stupid question, but how do I switch between vibrate & ring and just vibrate now? Holding the power button only gets me a "power off" button.
    The volume down/up key.

Going silent doesn't work this way anymore.
    tcmeiss and Toes Up like this.
    07-01-2015 09:53 PM
    The volume down/up key.

So when I change to "Priority" it goes vibrate only? I'm confused. I haven't kept up on the changes as much this time around. What the hell are interruptions?
    07-01-2015 09:56 PM
    So when I change to "Priority" it goes vibrate only? I'm confused. I haven't kept up on the changes as much this time around. What the hell are interruptions?
    Just tap the bell all the way on the left after you hit the volume up or down button and it will switch it to vibrate.
    tcmeiss, yenyob and emock81 like this.
    07-01-2015 10:02 PM
    Just tap the bell all the way on the left after you hit the volume up or down button and it will switch it to vibrate.
    That works. Thanks.

I'm all for improvements, but the whole interruptions thing just isn't making sense to me.
    07-01-2015 10:08 PM
    If you set it to NONE it will be silent for everyone. Priority will only ring or vibrate depending on your current profile for those starred contacts.

So basically remember DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PHONE TO VIBRATE unless you want starred callers to vibrate instead of ring while priority is activated.
    tcmeiss and Toes Up like this.
    07-01-2015 10:08 PM
    That works. Thanks.

I'm all for improvements, but the whole interruptions thing just isn't making sense to me.
    Ahh welcome to the "wonderful world" of Lollipop notifications. As much as I love material design and the implementations of features from other OEMs, this is where the truly screwed up, IMHO... Luckily Android M simplifies this but considering how long it took us to get Lollipop, I have little hope of receiving M.

Sent via my DROID Turbo via Mr. Universe's Signal...because you can't stop the signal!
    07-01-2015 10:19 PM
    The volume down/up key.

Which I HATE with a passion. Why take something so easy and break it? Was it really that bad to go to silent like the old method did? Why introduce a new way that requires more steps and unnecessary nuances? Of all the changes, this is one that shouldn't have happened. And heck, when IN silent mode, it's silent, period. You can't hit the volume rocker up and go out of it. You have to take the extra steps to go back to vibrate/sound mode. Again, very annoyed by this one.
    07-01-2015 10:37 PM
    Missing the usability of the volume rocker to toggle silent/vibrate/normal. I've found the only way to consistently stop vibration is to use Priority mode, as that setting seems to work better than All mode as far as vibration goes. Not sure why though...?

Overall, very happy with the improved application performance and ui. I guess I had to complain about something.

Anyone have thoughts on the new None-Priority-All settings and what method do you prefer to use?

Sent from my Droid Turbo
    07-02-2015 01:42 AM
    Did Lollipop do away with different vibration profiles or am I just missing where the settings are? On KitKat, I had it so that calls, texts, and other notifications had different vibration patterns, which was pretty helpful when I'm not in direct sight of my phone and it goes off.
    07-02-2015 07:24 AM
    Did Lollipop do away with different vibration profiles or am I just missing where the settings are? On KitKat, I had it so that calls, texts, and other notifications had different vibration patterns, which was pretty helpful when I'm not in direct sight of my phone and it goes off.
    I think you have to select them in the apps themselves.
    07-02-2015 07:49 AM
    I think you have to select them in the apps themselves.
    I tried looking in the dialer, messaging, and Hangouts apps and didn't find them. It's been so long since I set them up in KitKat that I'm not sure I'm missing where they're located...
    07-02-2015 07:53 AM
    The NONE-PRIORITY-ALL mode may be our only way to silence the vibrations until third party vendors create software for this task. I noticed that the program 'Locale' doesn't silence the vibrations. For sleeping, the DOWNTIME mode must be enabled to prevent the phone from making any noise.
    07-02-2015 10:05 AM
    Any word on setting up different vibration patterns for calls and notifications? It looks as if Lollipop completely dropped this feature. I did a quick search and it looks like the S5 guys also lost it when they got 5.0 a few months back.
    07-02-2015 12:00 PM
    I don't see vibration profiles in my settings either... It probably is gone. Not the only thing that they took out as Trusted devices is gone (albeit got replaced by Smart Lock tho). I would imagine that if you really needed vibration profiles they is probably an app for that.
    07-02-2015 12:30 PM
    Any word on setting up different vibration patterns for calls and notifications? It looks as if Lollipop completely dropped this feature. I did a quick search and it looks like the S5 guys also lost it when they got 5.0 a few months back.
    If you go into the apps themselves, some of them let you control this feature. Whatsapp app and the native texting app both allow you to change it. I'm not sure about overall settings though.
    07-02-2015 01:22 PM
    If you go into the apps themselves, some of them let you control this feature. Whatsapp app and the native texting app both allow you to change it. I'm not sure about overall settings though.
    I'm in the native texting app and don't see the option. The only thing is to turn the vibrate on and off. Same with Hangouts. And I know for both of those, I had separate vibration patterns prior to 5.1. Am I looking in the wrong place??
    07-02-2015 01:33 PM
    Which I HATE with a passion. Why take something so easy and break it? Was it really that bad to go to silent like the old method did? Why introduce a new way that requires more steps and unnecessary nuances? Of all the changes, this is one that shouldn't have happened. And heck, when IN silent mode, it's silent, period. You can't hit the volume rocker up and go out of it. You have to take the extra steps to go back to vibrate/sound mode. Again, very annoyed by this one.
    That's what annoys me the most. Was it really necessary to complicate things? Give us options, not take them away. Progress doesn't move backwards.
    07-02-2015 01:37 PM
    For sure. Seems to be working Ok for now

Sent from my Droid Turbo
    07-02-2015 01:37 PM
    Is setting someone as priority just checking the star in their profile? I didnt know if that did it or if there something else i needed to do.

Never mind i found it lol
    07-02-2015 02:49 PM
    Is setting someone as priority just checking the star in their profile? I didnt know if that did it or if there something else i needed to do.

Never mind i found it lol
    Correct, star them in your contacts. Then when you set priority mode they can do as the profile states. Remember though, if you want them to ring while in priority mode, do NOT lower your volume! You must leave the ringer on. If you're unsure if you've done it correctly, call yourself from another phone that's set as a priority and see if it rings. To verify others won't, use the same phone but *67 in front to restrict. It should be silent.
    Ry likes this.
    07-02-2015 02:59 PM
    I apologize for the misinformation. You're correct the native app does not contain this setting. I thought I saw it yesterday after I received the update. Whatsapp definitely does though.
    07-02-2015 03:58 PM
    I can't seem to get my phone to be vibrate only OR silent

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back
    07-02-2015 04:13 PM
    Yeah, I checked WhatsApp and saw that they have long and short vibration patterns but sadly, nothing for the other apps.
    07-02-2015 04:17 PM
    I can't seem to get my phone to be vibrate only OR silent

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back
    For vibrate only, hit the volume button on the side, then tap the bell on the left. I don't think you can go completely silent unless you set interruptions to "none".
    07-02-2015 05:05 PM
44 12