I've noticed initially after the update that the phone is much hotter during charging, but I'm noticing it's a little hot during relatively prolonged usage and screen-on time (30 mins), mainly browsing, and no video playback or camera use. My brightness level is at the lowest, no music playback during this time as well.

I did a cache wipe after the update few days ago. Other than that I haven't had any issues so far and the battery life so far seems better than KK.

Anyone else had this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Droid turbo heats up after lollipop update-166418.jpg  
    07-04-2015 02:14 PM
    even with kit kat mine would run pretty hot... I can get it to a 100F with just some browsing or light games or if i'm browsing and watching youtube on chromecast.

When I play a pretty heavy game it floats around 110F.... i've seen it at 115 before..

that turbo charger just adds to the heat. as a computer tech heats my enemy so if my phones running at 110.. Ill power down for a bit before i charge.

Tho i haven't heard of the phone having a auto off cause of heat .. I'm sure it dose.

anyway if charging the phone at 100F was bad Im sure we would have heard from moto by now.. 100F seems to be pretty normal.

Ps Ive been thinking of drilling some holes in my case for some air flow lol

PSS dont charge your phone by your face.. but thats just common knowledge for most.
    07-04-2015 03:09 PM