After updating to Lollipop 5.1, I noticed my screen is blank after using any app (messaging, GMail, etc.) and it won't come back. Calls and texts and other notices come (can actually answer calls and see the call screen) through, but home screen and any adjacent screens are all black. THe status bar and icons are visible though and I can use the pull down menu. It's as if it is refreshing but never gets to the end. I installed many apps, even used a stock wallpaper), but it still will do this. I have to keep rebooting until it eventually stops; I check it by using a random app and seeing if I can see the screen by pressing the Home button. I also wiped the cache partition after the OS upgrade. Has anyone else had this problem?
    07-04-2015 05:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://motorola-global-portal.custh...kw/Safe%20mode

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.
    07-04-2015 06:28 PM