DROID TURBO 5.1 Lollipop: Callers can't hear me over Bluetooth

jo99erman

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I have absolutely zero luck with Verizon, Motorola and Infiniti. The only way I can use the Bluetooth in the car is by keeping the phone's bluetooth off, make a phone call, let it connect, and turn on bluetooth. So, in other words, I have to connect the bluetooth to the car while the call is in progress.

This is unbelievably frustrating - I can't make or receive phone calls in my car without going completely out of my way

charlieboy44

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I have tried everything and I think I get it then it doesnt work and just shows "calling" - obviously a known issue as I see it in other forums. Audio still works fine but this is maddening...

jo99erman

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I am not certain whether this will lead to any real fixes, but I do use the following workaround to make a phone call:

I make an outgoing phone call without bluetooth on (on the phone). Once connected to the other end, I turn on the phones bluetooth and the car connects with no issue and the bluetooth works as it should during that call. I can hang up with ease as well (which I can't do otherwise).

I don't know why it would work under this scenario, but maybe it leads to something? It must be an app that is conflicting. I just don't which one.

Posted via the Android Central App

charlieboy44

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks - I will try that for the time being. I really dont want to uninstall all my apps one by one and nothing looks obvious. What a pain in the ***!

jo99erman

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
About a month ago, I got a new Droid Turbo and before installing any third party apps, I tried bluetooth and I still had the same issue. So, right out of the box, it doesn't work. It isn't a third party app from the app store. It has to be an app already pre-installed on my phone. I am slowly disabling applications to see if I can figure out which one is the issue. I will also be contacting Motorola again. I make many business calls in the car and haven't been able to do so since the update. Extremely frustrating.

(Also, it seemed to work fine in safe mode. I don't know if that was a coincidence or it actually does work in safe mode.)

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to switch from bluetooth to speaker while the call is dialing, wait a few minutes after the call connects, and then switch back. Ugh.

charlieboy44

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have more luck with this? This may end up being my reason to leave this phone which sucks since it is perfect otherwise.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am doing OK with it on bluetooth. I have it going to my pioneer car stereo and also my original plantronics voyager headset. The Parrot system was always hit or miss. I find bluetooth connections are slower on this phone but people hear me better.

charlieboy44

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
The problem is just with my car and people hearing me, workaround works but still just want it to work well and calls out be simple

charlieboy44

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
yes, infiniti g37 and it seems to be a nissan issue but not sure if another app is causing it since sometimes after clearing cache it works for a moment on calls out. Audio always works and if someone calls me all is fine but just when i dial out - it shows just "calling" but then the person on the other end cant hear me so it is really annoying...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe think about changing the head unit for 120.00?
I had problems w it originally dialing out w my ford but I disabled advanced dialing and then renabled it. I also disabled motor voice? Whatever would read texts to me.

01dyna

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
It's not just Nissan. I have bluetooth problems in my 06 Lexus RX400h as well. Mine is a little "weird". My phone will connect successfully, and all the onboard controls work but there's no audio AT ALL coming out of the cars speakers. Any outgoing or incoming calls go right to the phone instead. So, I can dial out or answer a call but I have to pick up the phone and talk from there. To make matters worse, I have to talk fast because the call will mysteriously hang up after about 1 or 2 minutes.

Tried, everything, factory reset, cleared all assigned phones in my car, safe mode....still doesn't work right. Oddly enough, every once in a blue moon, if I stop and turn off the car, and then turn the car back on and let it resync with my phone it suddenly works fine. Until, the next time I start the car and the whole process starts all over again.

I'm *seriously* thinking of getting an iPhone. My wife and daughters iPhones have absolutely no problem with bluetooth. Both Verizon and Motorola have been useless. I'm on my THIRD Turbo in a year and they've all been the same. Both in Kit Kat and Lollipop.

This will be the LAST Motorola I ever own. :(

charlieboy44

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear that - I have heard all works with other manufacturers and with Marshmallow so i think I might be changing too if nothing is resolved...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois