DROID TURBO 5.1 Lollipop: Battery Life after Update?

Namrobo

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
This is absolutely amazing.
Almost all youtube and pandora.
Sorry for the double post its not letting me delete it for some reason on my phone... Help

Attachments

• 1436146603121.jpg
    1436146603121.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 288

chadastrophic

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

I seem to be the only one who thinks battery life suffers. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought I used to routinely get 10 hours of screen on time and I'm down to about 7 now.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I seem to be the only one who thinks battery life suffers. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought I used to routinely get 10 hours of screen on time and I'm down to about 7 now.

Nope I agree. I used Tasker to shut down data when I didn't need it. If you look in the battery life thread I posted screen shots of 3 days use between charges. Now without that ability and a poor 4g signal area I get about 12-16 hours. So regret the update. And I could just imagine the increased data usage. I've been manually shutting it down. Huge pain.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

You're probably misremembering 10 hours of screen time. I've gotten 7 hours a couple of times and battery was at 12% and 14% remaining before recharge. My screen brightness is at about 30-35%.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
DROID TURBO 5.1: Battery Life after Lollipop Update?

Battery question. I downloaded and installed Lollipop on Saturday afternoon. Charged my phone overnight on Saturday. Played around with it a moderate amount on Sunday. Went to bed last night around 11:00 o'clock and noticed phone charge was at 50%. When I looked at my phone around 8:00 this morning, charge was at 35%, meaning it lost 15% charge idling overnight.

Is this normal? Because I don't remember the battery losing 15% overnight with Kit Kat.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Battery question. I downloaded and installed Lollipop on Saturday afternoon. Charged my phone overnight on Saturday. Played around with it a moderate amount on Sunday. Went to bed last night around 11:00 o'clock and noticed phone charge was at 50%. When I looked at my phone around 8:00 this morning, charge was at 35%, meaning it lost 15% charge idling overnight.

Is this normal? Because I don't remember the battery losing 15% overnight with Kit Kat.

How many hours is overnight? After I updated I did a cache wipe afterwhich the phone keeps the display on waiting for your input to tell it to reboot, so by the time I came back to my phone it was down to 17%. I put it on the Turbo charger and got it up to 100% and then took it off the charger before I went to bed. I had it down to 98% before I actually turned in. After 5 hours of sleep, I got up and checked the battery, it had dropped to 91%. So it lost around 1.4% per hour.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Not it's not normal. That's my whole point with being able to control data and background apps at night. I used to have battery use overnight of 2 to 3%. Now since the update and Tasker, automateit and apps like this not working I lose about 7%.

I wonder if the bigger issue will be how much data is being used in the overnight hours and how that will drain data plans?

cooper_m22

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

My battery is draining over night about 14% now after lollipop never did this before. Is there anything to cut back on this.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Not it's not normal. That's my whole point with being able to control data and background apps at night. I used to have battery use overnight of 2 to 3%. Now since the update and Tasker, automateit and apps like this not working I lose about 7%.

I wonder if the bigger issue will be how much data is being used in the overnight hours and how that will drain data plans?

You don't charge your phone at night?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Haven't needed to before the update. I would usually get 2-3 days between charges. Not anymore.

I remember that sort of thing from my Blackberry days. Now I like the peace of mind of starting out the day with a full battery since I've not infrequently been down into the 30-40's by the end of the day. That and I'm somewhat of a battery nazi or else I might have some other phone. I'm sure there is some form of medication for the big battery addiction...

GSEND

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Android Mediaserver is killing my battery since Lollipop update. Down to 33% at 4 pm.

Posted via the Android Central App

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
With about the same usages on KitKat and lollipop. KitKat the highest consumers were screen, cell standby and voice calls. Now in lollipop its Google app (Google now home screen), Google play services etc. The battery life is a little worse now. I feel lif the Google now is acting up once it gets fixed battery life will be much better

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Android Mediaserver is killing my battery since Lollipop update. Down to 33% at 4 pm.

You probably have a corrupted photo, video, or sound file in your storage. Try backing them up and maybe nuke them all and see if that helps.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been a lot better since the update. Previously, I was getting 6-7 hours of screen on time. Now, I'm getting 8-9 hours of screen on time. Before everyone jumps down my throat saying it's impossible, please understand that I keep my brightness at 25% unless I'm outside and I do absolutely no gaming.

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop battery drain

Since downloading lp, I've noticed a pretty drastic change in battery life. I know some are saying their battery has actually improved so wondering how the effects could very so greatly.

Prior, I was getting through the day with heavy use and 5 hours screen on time. I'm currently only able to get about 10 hours out of it now, with less than 3 hours screen time

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lollipop battery drain

Your not the only one. Same here. There's already a thread about battery life but most feel it got better. I am not in that camp. I was pretty extreme with battery life and charged every 2 days and now every 12 hours.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop battery drain

Same here. I used to be around 35% at the end of the day. I average 18 hour days between charges. Now I find myself having to grab a quick charge around 5pm if I'm doing anything other than staying home. I was part of the soak test so I've had the update for a while. I even cleared cache partition and that didn't help. I might try a FDR and see if that helps.