DROID TURBO 5.1: AutoMateIt rule for Set Mobile Data Actions no longer working

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Found a function in an app called AutoMateIt that no longer works with Lollipop. I had created a rule based on Set Mobile Data Actions so that when I left my house (got disconnected from my WiFi) my Turbo would automatically turn off WiFi and turn on data and Bluetooth. When I got back home it would turn on WiFi and turn off data and Bluetooth.

This is now broken. Bummer. I really liked that automated function.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

Found a function in an app called AutoMateIt that no longer works with Lollipop. I had created a rule based on Set Mobile Data Actions so that when I left my house (got disconnected from my WiFi) my Turbo would automatically turn off WiFi and turn on data and Bluetooth. When I got back home it would turn on WiFi and turn off data and Bluetooth.

It's quite possible that the dev for the app needs to update it to restore functionality. Maybe try contacting the dev and see what he says.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Powrdroid same issue with Tasker.

maddiealan

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I use MacroDroid and I had the same rule set on my Turbo. Unfortunately, it doesn't work there either. However, I'm very happy with everything else. Battery is great, phone is speedy, so I'm happy with Lollipop 5.1.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing that android removed the ability for third party apps to turn off mobile data, just as they earlier did for airplane mode, perhaps to prevent malware apps from turning off data to prevent the malware from stopping remote data wipe from android device manager, etc.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member