DROID TURBO 5.1 Lollipop: Chop Chop for Flashlight

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

Anybody get the flashlight chop to work? Doesn't work for me

It works for me, but why on earth did they implement and advertise this. It takes 2, sometimes 3, hard shakes for it to work. It's much easier to just go to settings and touch flashlight.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: DROID TURBO: 5.1 Lollipop Update

It works for me, but why on earth did they implement and advertise this. It takes 2, sometimes 3, hard shakes for it to work. It's much easier to just go to settings and touch flashlight.

With mine it takes a little practice but now works each time. You have to be careful with the motion or it can be confused with the camera wiggle, once I was trying to get the camera, turned on the flash instead, but also got a warning message that couldn't use the camera because the flash was on!

Posted via the Android Central App

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
For me it only works if I'm holding the phone tightly as a chop. If I have loose grip and do the exact same motion then I get nothing, but if I have a tight grip on it then it works every time. It doesn't seem to matter how hard I chop either, just as long as I'm holding it tightly.

John_Thomas

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Mine worked the first time. Then it didn't want to. I kept trying and finally got it to work. A couple more times and it seems to work pretty well now.

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
The Flashlight chop seems less than perfect. I had a lot of trouble getting to work at first, but it seems a little easier now. Sometimes you need more than 2 chops, sometimes you can chop twice, and it will come on a half second later. I think getting used to it is PART of the issue, but not the whole issue. I was part of the soak test, and some people reported problems on the soak test message board also.

donaldmd13

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I think the key is doing the chops fast (faster than you would intuitively think). I was waiting a half a beat between chops and it doesn't work. Do the chops faster and I think you'll have more luck making it work consistently.

treesyjo

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
For some reason, I can do the chop chop without any issue. Works 99 times out of 100 for me. My poor husband can'
t barely get it to work. One thing is he is a leftie and I can't get it to work in my left hand. He can do it a little better in his right hand but it's still sporadic. One thing I noticed when he tries it is he's using more of his arm for the action where when I do it, I'm just using my wrist. And he's almost doing 2 quick shakes instead of an actual chop. It was actually comical last night watching him trying to do the chop chop motion. I've held his hand and did it for him so he could feel the motion but he still struggles. But it did seem that the more times he tried, the more times he was successful. So I think it's just going to take some practice.

And I definitely think it's easier to chop it on then trying to find the flashlight button on the phone. It's nice to just pull it out of my purse and chop it on without even looking at it.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Quick sharp wrist chop works every time! Gotta be quick and sharp. Hiii-yahhh!!

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Quick sharp wrist chop works every time! Gotta be quick and sharp. Hiii-yahhh!!

Exactly. It's a pretty forceful and quick motion, so you don't accidentally activate it in your pocket/backpack. Once you get the hang of it, it works everytime. Awesome feature.

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Cool feature! I noticed the new flashlight toggle on the pull down menu right away and was happy to see it, even though TeslaLED handled that well enough for me. Now with this...this is cool. Definitely two quick, firm chops...

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Ha. I chopped so hard I chopped my first line leader with a phone. No one was more shocked than him to be smacked with a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad