Help! Lollipop: Unfortunately, System UI has stopped. How can I fix this?

Druskiks

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello! I had the same problem today on my lolipop and I got reaaally nervous. I tried almost everything!!! I restarted it a MILLION times!
I fixed the problem just plugging it in the computer's USB port a couple of times. Plugged it in, out, in out... And the lockscreen apeared!!!! Maybe it won't work for you all, but maybe some of you might fix it that way. I am glad if I maybe helped someone :)

Raed R

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone come up with the solution to this problem?
I think developers of lollipop should ashamed themselves.
What a pathetic update they have made. :mad:

Same thing happened to me on my s6 edge that's running marshmallow and I still haven't found a way to fix it.
I can't even replace my phone cause my screen is cracked and they won't accept it

Joshua Lynch2

May 5, 2016
Visit site
here is the solution 1.in the quick setting panel put your phone in Ultra Power Saving mode (U.power saving) and return to normal after (this error problem is because google play service have a kind of bug after update with some apps 2.try to uninstal the update from google play service(in playstore) 3.go search google play service and report this problem in the same zone (playstore) thank you!

this worked for me!!!

Anthony Marcucio

May 10, 2016
Visit site
here is the solution 1.in the quick setting panel put your phone in Ultra Power Saving mode (U.power saving) and return to normal after (this error problem is because google play service have a kind of bug after update with some apps 2.try to uninstal the update from google play service(in playstore) 3.go search google play service and report this problem in the same zone (playstore) thank you!

This

Bailey Joe

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Help! Android Droid Turbo: Unfortunately, System UI has stopped. How can I fix this?

so i was messing around with the developer options on my android droid turbo and i pushed something and now the entire screen is black except for the back button, home button, and recent screen button. All of those turn on when i turn the screen but the screen it's self doesn't turn on the notification "unfortunately, System UI has stopped. and then it says "OK" and i push OK and the the screen goes black again except for the bottom buttons.
and kust now my phone got its first notifactions since i did the stupid thing. and an old wallpaper started flashing on and of the screen please help!!!!!!!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help! Android Droid Turbo: Unfortunately, System UI has stopped. How can I fix this?

so i was messing around with the developer options on my android droid turbo and i pushed something and now the entire screen is black except for the back button, home button, and recent screen button. All of those turn on when i turn the screen but the screen it's self doesn't turn on the notification "unfortunately, System UI has stopped. and then it says "OK" and i push OK and the the screen goes black again except for the bottom buttons.
and kust now my phone got its first notifactions since i did the stupid thing. and an old wallpaper started flashing on and of the screen please help!!!!!!!!

Do a factory data reset and don't play around with developer options again.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-118101/&token=536ZTqMD

AdManTheLabRat

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
SUCCESSFULLY RECOVERED!

I tripped up on he RTL option just by trying to scroll up... stoopid, stoopid stoopid...
@EINSTEINDKS - THANKS, I am a "Day Late and A Dollar Short" but net time I am curious I will try a quick Googling to satisfy my curiosity - thanks again for the No Brainer, doh! Anyway...

...I fixed my Motorola Droid Turbo fixed by using this ALTERNATE METHOD here --> ( Factory Data Reset (Powered Off) - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless )
(WHICH I found on the original link posted above --> ( Factory Data Reset (Powered On) - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless ).
STEP 4. Was a little quirky and gave me doubts but eventually worked just fine.

I also have 2-Step verification enabled (plus the GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR) and had no alternate codes saved off BUTwas lucky enough to have previously supplied Google with my HOME telephone number AD that was utilized as a successful option to sign back in (TWICE - not sure why BUT the SIGIN process ran twice concurrently so I had to enter:
1. NAME1, PW1, 6 - Digit Code1, Restore from BackUp1 --> THEN AGAIN --> NAME2, PW2, 6 - Digit Code2, Restore from BackUp2 -->

THAT WAS SCARY, THANKS EVERYONE FOR HELPING OUT !!!

Sincerely,
-AdMan

P.S. Seems kind of Ironic that the resolution to this issue is listed on a VERIZON support page seeing how if VERIZON had their act together my Verizon DROID TURBO would be running MARSHMALLOW like my Wive's Verizon GS5 and then maybe this would not have happened. -AdMan

DannyCrasto

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Hey Folks,

I found the solution if you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and it may work on other phones too.
Go to Settings>>Application Manager>>let it show you all the apps>>then click on the 3 dots and click on Show System Apps>> then click on the 3 dots again and click on Apps that can appear on top (this is called Screen Overlay feature) now select the 2 Phone Apps and enable it and show it as green which means screen overlay for these 2 apps is now enabled.

This has solved my issue and have started loving Samsung and Android again as I was a serious Microsoft Windows Phone user till 31st Jul'16.

I shall be happy to see someone confirming if this really helps.

Queenslander123

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
this worked for me!!!
Ok. After using samsung live chat i got this fixed.
Settings^about device^software update^check for update.

Then
Settings^app manager^reset app preferences ^ reset apps

Then
Leave phone on. Take out battery. Replace. Choose TouchWiz home (not the easy option. Its the one causing the issue)
Youll need to allow each app as you open it.
No reoccurring problems as yet. Hope this helps. One from Australia. Shout me a beer.

kixo8

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
THIS WORKED for me! Went to a play store, typed GOOGLE, then uninstal, all fine now. Galaxy S4 , android 4.4.2
Hope it will help someone else.

it has worked for me, thanx a lot! shame I formated my phone 2 times (all that instaling all over again)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678