Have over 24,000 contacts that keep duplicating. Google not merging & claim merging is completed which it isn't. Need an app to merge duplications without losing any information such as different phone numbers, different addresses, important dates, notes all contained within each contact. Contacts showing lots of (No Name) and Unknown within contacts list.
    07-07-2015 02:50 AM
    I am not aware of any app that can do it. However, if they are already synced with your google account, then go into GMAIL on the web. You can export all of them into a spreadsheet, where you can easily remove all the duplicates, etc. Once that spreadsheet has been been completed, you would need to first delete all your contacts, making sure the deletions got propogated to all devices, then import the spreadsheet back into your google contacts and let that sync everywhere.
    07-07-2015 01:02 PM
    Even better, log in to your Gmail account on a computer. Use the drop down under the Google logo to select contacts. Google updated the contacts on Gmail and it will walk you through duplicate contacts which you can have it do automatically or you can do it manually.
    07-07-2015 02:36 PM
    07-07-2015 08:01 PM
    Even better, log in to your Gmail account on a computer. Use the drop down under the Google logo to select contacts. Google updated the contacts on Gmail and it will walk you through duplicate contacts which you can have it do automatically or you can do it manually.
    +1

Another thing you should look into is what contacts are being displayed. A lot of people will have multiple contacts from their sim, microsd, and other accounts. I just have my phone show me my Google contacts since that's where I keep them all. To change this, go to the app People, under the three dots go to "contacts to display"

Hope some of this helps!

Sent via my DROID Turbo via Mr. Universe's Signal...because you can't stop the signal!
    07-07-2015 10:37 PM
    OP says that Google is not merging, so... sounds like that was tried already.
    07-07-2015 10:44 PM
    Waze etc will duplicate contacts and not show then on the desktop. You can hide contacts....

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-08-2015 05:52 AM