Battery Temp

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased the Droid Turbo last week using the $250 discount from Verizon Rewards. So I got the 32 gb for only $249, which is an awesome deal for a great phone. The battery life is good but not as great as I thought it would be. I activated it Thursday, downloaded the 5.1 update, and did a factory reset and then set it up. I'm getting about 4 hours screen on time between charges, which based on my research seems to be about typical.

My concern is the battery temperature. I have seen some posts about the phone getting warm while turbo charging. I am wondering though about how everyone's battery temperature is doing when it isn't charging. Since I have had the phone I am seeing the temperature stay in the 90's range(according to gsam). If the screen is off for a while (30+ mins), and I turn it on and check the temp, it will show in the mid to upper 80's. Just having the screen on to browse the web or look at Facebook takes it up 5-10 degrees. I'm not playing games on it.

I know everyone's mileage may vary, but I am just wondering if that is typical, before my 14 days is up, so if I need to replace it I can get a new one instead of a CPO from Verizon.

Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check your Settings>Battery menu, and see if any app seems to be using an inordinate amount of battery. Also see if the phone is staying awake the whole time.

Does this persist after a reboot?

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Check your Settings>Battery menu, and see if any app seems to be using an inordinate amount of battery. Also see if the phone is staying awake the whole time.

Does this persist after a reboot?

Nothing stands out. 12% display with 4 hours screen on time with auto brightness, next is Android OS at 12%. The phone is at 20% battery and 86 degrees.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36