Disappoionted in lollipop

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I want it off my phone!! It is messing it up bad and I don't know how to get it off!! HELP PLEASE!!!

Turbo? Because if so, you may be due for a cache clearing or factory reset. The majority here have had a great experience and those that didn't mostly report one of those fix the issue.

To answer your question - you don't go back. It even said so before you installed it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why all the posting about Samsung? I thought this was a Droid Turbo thread.

Sure, but Lollipop issues that seemed more related to Samsung were raised, so I thought it was worth answering. But you're right, we should stick to discussion about Lollipop on the Turbo here.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I want a dark theme. I don't want coloring book colors. i also want my battery life back. the phone was better with kk.

Battery life on Lollipop has improved or remained the same. Not saying you're wrong but better numbers don't show out of no where unless the OS is more energy efficient. Your issues could result from a rogue application or an unknown underlying issue. If it continues, I suggest clearing the cache and last resort factory reset. One should solve the issue and you'll be back up and running!

As for coloring book colors, huh? You're using the Turbo, right? I saw the Note 3 and the color scheme was horrible. But I find the Turbo to be far from coloring book colors.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been ranting about how bad battery life was and now get to eat my words. Shut off 4g, and restricted background data last night. I will no longer complain.

Attachments

• 1436540865448.jpg
    1436540865448.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 35

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's a photo. Just touch where it says Verizon wireless and it brings up the screen to shut it off if you choose

Attachments

• 1436552385800.jpg
    1436552385800.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 31

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
You are replying in the wrong forum. And to be honest I really didn't have any issues with my Sammy S5 on 5.0. If you have issues with a Samsung device you should be complaining in that forum and to Samsung. As to the Turbo., I couldn't be happier. It didn't break anything on my phone. It didn't slow it down either. Maybe I just got lucky who knows. Every issue I did run 🏃 into was caused by me and I figured out how to fix it on my own. Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

Damn I was trying to reply to some guy ranting about his Samsung updated.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been ranting about how bad battery life was and now get to eat my words. Shut off 4g, and restricted background data last night. I will no longer complain.
Thumbs up for "owning up" to a misconception or mistake. Rare, and appreciated.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thumbs up for "owning up" to a misconception or mistake. Rare, and appreciated.

On the other hand, he completely sacrificed for battery life. I'm not sure how bad he had it but I get about 6 hours of screen time on auto brightness with WiFi and Bluetooth always on whether connected or not. Auto sync to Google services is on too.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
On the other hand, he completely sacrificed for battery life. I'm not sure how bad he had it but I get about 6 hours of screen time on auto brightness with WiFi and Bluetooth always on whether connected or not. Auto sync to Google services is on too.
But battery life is always compromise of something, isn't it? Not arguing, just saying. In my case, I'm lucky enough to have all day access to power, so I just take it for granted that I never have to worry about battery. I realize that a lot of other forum members don't have that luxury, and that is why they were drawn to the Turbo.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Eclipse, I don't feel like I sacrificed at all. I just shut it all down at night. I live in a really bad 4g signal area. Usually 1 bar. And signal around - 120. My rants were mostly because they removed permission for apps like Tasker to automatically control this for me. I used the paid version because it worked so well. I just now have to manually shut stuff down to get decent battery life.

I do still feel this is a money maker for big red. There will be soon people complaining they went over data plans. Some of that data being used at night. Some will be forced to increase plans. I have UDP still so I don't care too much.

I'm not willing to give up the plan even though I have a weak signal. In fact us cellular has a really fast signal in my area. 5 times faster than big red. But I just can't give up the plan.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Eclipse, I don't feel like I sacrificed at all. I just shut it all down at night. I live in a really bad 4g signal area. Usually 1 bar. And signal around - 120. My rants were mostly because they removed permission for apps like Tasker to automatically control this for me. I used the paid version because it worked so well. I just now have to manually shut stuff down to get decent battery life.

I do still feel this is a money maker for big red. There will be soon people complaining they went over data plans. Some of that data being used at night. Some will be forced to increase plans. I have UDP still so I don't care too much.

I'm not willing to give up the plan even though I have a weak signal. In fact us cellular has a really fast signal in my area. 5 times faster than big red. But I just can't give up the plan.

Ah okay, I missed the part where you had used Tasker and that you're in a bad signal area. Makes sense now.

But battery life is always compromise of something, isn't it? Not arguing, just saying. In my case, I'm lucky enough to have all day access to power, so I just take it for granted that I never have to worry about battery. I realize that a lot of other forum members don't have that luxury, and that is why they were drawn to the Turbo.

True, and I didn't consider a weak signal either.