I had a droid turbo briefly when it was first released but sold it because I didn't care for advanced calling, i was flip flopping between it and the moto x, and the shutter lag issue, and because I cant keep a phone for more than a month without wanting something else. Well I just got another one off of ebay (turned out to be stolen even though the listing said clean imei, that's what I get for not using swappa, but I know how to handle that and get my money back).

I played with it for a few hours on lollipop before I did a factory reset and I have to say they *really* improved the shutter lag, although it does still exist you probably wouldn't know it was ever a huge issue if you just picked one up today. Also I've gotten used to advanced calling on my nexus 6 so no issues there. I liked it enough I ordered another one off swappa (a non-stolen one ) just now to play with a little longer. Great little phone!

Out of all the phones I've used in the past 12 months (listed below) the Turbo and the Nexus 6 are clearly the best for me. Going to be tough to choose between instant updates on the nexus 6 and OIS vs. the better size and great battery of the turbo. Also as a side note I'm willing to bet Motorola gets M out pretty quickly across the 2014 X's and the Turbo. 5.1 was really a crazy situation between the bugs in 5.0, 5.01, and 5.02 and the advanced calling integration with 5.1 being included (at least, I'm hoping it was).

Moto X 2013, Droid Turbo, Moto X 2014, Nexus 5, LG G2, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 6
    mumfoau likes this.
    07-10-2015 08:48 PM
    I'm on a Verizon Nexus 6 now but I am tempted to try a Turbo. I love everything about the Nexus but size of thee phone is just a tad big. I also wish the battey would last a little bit longer. Can you compare the battery life and display quality?

Also, the camera on the Nexus is so slow to load, is it the same on the Turbo?

I just hate to switch with the new Moto X and the Edge Plus just around the corner.
    07-11-2015 09:02 AM
    I'll do a side by side when my non-stolen turbo arrives on Wednesday.
    07-12-2015 06:12 PM
    Haha. Cool, thanks.
    07-12-2015 07:08 PM
    So the camera on the turbo launches in about half the time it takes the Nexus. But if you swipe to the side from the camera to go into the gallery then swipe back to the camera the Nexus is instantly ready to take a picture, the Turbo goes through a brief delay while the camera app reloads.

The nexus screen looks slightly pinker, but to my untrained eye they seem about the same brightness. And I certainly cant tell the difference in pixel density.
    07-13-2015 10:33 AM
    I'm on a Verizon Nexus 6 now but I am tempted to try a Turbo. I love everything about the Nexus but size of thee phone is just a tad big. I also wish the battey would last a little bit longer. Can you compare the battery life and display quality?

Also, the camera on the Nexus is so slow to load, is it the same on the Turbo?

I just hate to switch with the new Moto X and the Edge Plus just around the corner.
    I've had my Turbo now for about three months or so and I haven't had any serious issues with it. On a full charge I can go for almost a day and a half, sometimes longer (depending on my usage). The bluetooth on the Turbo is definitely better than the S6 I had. I got the S6 first when I signed up with Verizon, but I returned it because I couldn't talk with my BT headset unless the phone was right next to me. With the Turbo I can leave it in another room and walk a couple rooms away (even outside) and the BT connection is still good.

I don't buy phones based on anything but their call quality, because I use a phone to talk and do web-related stuff. It is nice having a camera on the phone and I can't say the Turbo is the best camera in the android world, but it takes decent enough pictures most of the time as long as there's sufficient light. When it starts getting dark or there's a lot of shadows that's when it tanks. Sometimes the flash will do really well in dark/shadow situations, but the majority of the time the photos have this yellowish haze over them. Not a big deal for me really. I got a app called CameraMX and that does a little better.

I have thought about other phones, like the iPhone, but so far the Trubo has been extremely reliable and any other phone pales by comparison to this phone's battery life.
    mumfoau likes this.
    07-13-2015 11:42 AM