Lost Contacts

Tim Bell1

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I did a factory reset on my Droid Turbo and as I was putting everything back noticed my contacts are gone. I thought I backed everything up. So is there anyway to recover. Verizon cloud didn't have the contacts

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Do you mean it just didn't work or do you mean it didn't work because you did not save your contacts to your Google account?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
This just happened to me also. Only had them backed up by Verizon cloud. Contacts would not restore and they were gone from the cloud.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Google did not save my contacts.
You mean you did not save your contacts to Google. Sorry, but if you have no other backups, I'm afraid the contacts are gone.

From now on save them to Google. You'll have automatic backups and restoring or transferring them will be a snap.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
The exact method varies a little by the device and I don't have a Motorola Turbo. On my Nexus devices, when you start a new contract, check at the top and make sure it says 'Google contact' and the name of the account you want to save it to. Your phone might be a little different. The user manual will tell you exactly how.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.