08-01-2015 09:50 AM
36 12
tools
    Ha, that's funny you chose to link to Jcase! He's one of the most active members out there rooting the Moto phones including some of the Droids
    Not funny - very deliberate. Believe me, I know exactly who JCase is. (I don't think he's published an app that can root a Moto phone for quite a while now, though. Sunshine last rooted the OG Moto X and 2013 Droids, and maybe the OG Moto G, until 4.4.4 came out just about last year. Nothing since then.)
    07-16-2015 06:04 PM
    (I don't think he's published an app that can root a Moto phone for quite a while now.)
    Once you have found the exploit to root a phone there really isn't much else to do unless there is an update that patches it. Especially since the Turbo hasn't had an update for a very long time. Other people came up with easier ways to use the exploit and root the phone in a more automated way using scripts but that's about all you can really do.
    07-16-2015 06:20 PM
    I had the opportunity today to spend some time with one of my sons who happens to own a Droid Turbo, he asked me if I had updated to LP and I said no, he told me he did the OTA update to LP about 2 weeks ago and was very happy with it. My first question was how is your battery life? He said about the same. I asked him if there was any one feature that clearly in his opinion made it better than KK and he said no, he liked the overall effect like eye candy, he likes it because is new, different and the latest. Fair enough, that is certainly a good enough reason to change...but not for me. Next we spent about the next 10-15 minutes opening programs that we shared in common also going to different web sites phones side by side. The results were this: KK was slightly faster most of the time (1 second on average) a few times LP was faster (fractions of a second) The truth is exactly what I saw on You Tube videos: right now as of today KK is overall slightly faster than LP. I would like to emphasize my son is very happy with LP, he likes how it looks and that is fine. Reality TODAY demonstrated to me that KK is faster than LP. No big deal faster, just a little faster. So this ART vs Dalvik is an area where until developers actually rewrite their programs to take full advantage of AOT ahead of time compiling vs just in time to avoid those programs that today don't play nice with ART. The future it seems belongs to ART but in the present Dalvik is superior. Just my opinion ok guys don't get all crazy and worked up about it. Just remember you know a lot more about this than me...the only thing that matters to me is what I see when I use my phone, not lines of binary code.
    DatabaseMX and wsmather like this.
    07-19-2015 02:59 PM
    If you're having patch problems, I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems, but Lollipop ain't one. :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-21-2015 11:02 PM
    Why you should pause and read before installing Lollipop 5.1-screenshot_2015-07-25-06-37-39.jpg

After a cache wipe performance is much better.
    07-25-2015 05:49 AM
    Those are the highest numbers I have ever seen, don't know why a cache wipe would speed up phone the purpose of a cache is to speed up apps by storing information that you use repeatedly. Great numbers though.
    07-26-2015 07:50 AM
    Got replacement today that is kitkat. Plan to root but is there an app to disable or a setting that I can change to disregard the update until I can root?
    07-28-2015 05:00 PM
    Anybody? Looking for answer to above post. Any help is appreciated.
    07-28-2015 11:21 PM
    So after receiving the replacement phone of course the update wanted to push. Called tier 2 and got someone that gave a crap. They helped me disable the moto app so the update won't push. Back on kitkat but for me I'm happy. Double the battery life and stronger 4g signal right away. On lollipop it was around - 120 and now it's - 100.
    07-29-2015 02:49 PM
    So after receiving the replacement phone of course the update wanted to push. Called tier 2 and got someone that gave a crap. They helped me disable the moto app so the update won't push. Back on kitkat but for me I'm happy. Double the battery life and stronger 4g signal right away. On lollipop it was around - 120 and now it's - 100.
    How did you disable this?
    08-01-2015 09:36 AM
    How did you disable this?
    Here's the things I disabled.
    Attached Thumbnails Why you should pause and read before installing Lollipop 5.1-1438440581507.jpg   Why you should pause and read before installing Lollipop 5.1-1438440596076.jpg  
    08-01-2015 09:50 AM
36 12