hangouts has stopped?

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I continually get a pop up message that hangouts has stopped since the lollipop update. Funny thing is I have it disabled. I tried enabling and updating and still get the pop up. I then disabled it again and I still get it. Anyone else have this issue? If so, any remedies?

Posted via the Android Central App

melraq821

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I continually get a pop up message that hangouts has stopped since the lollipop update. Funny thing is I have it disabled. I tried enabling and updating and still get the pop up. I then disabled it again and I still get it. Anyone else have this issue? If so, any remedies?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I force stopped, enabled, updated, disabled, unclicked notifications, and never had an issue since.

That said I had random other issues of other apps doing that. I have wiped and factory reset my phone for a completely different issue as of last night so we shall see what happens but nothing as of yet.

Clear your cache first and see if that works before going full factory reset. Use factory reset as the last resort effort.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Annnnnnd Murphy's Law strikes me again as the factory reset brought the issue back. I'm going to do what I did before and that fixed it and hope it does again.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
why did you do a factory reset if it was fine after you "I force stopped, enabled, updated, disabled, unclicked notifications, and never had an issue since."

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I force stopped, enabled, updated, disabled, unclicked notifications, and never had an issue since.

That said I had random other issues of other apps doing that. I have wiped and factory reset my phone for a completely different issue as of last night so we shall see what happens but nothing as of yet.

Clear your cache first and see if that works before going full factory reset. Use factory reset as the last resort effort.

Thanks. I'll see if that helps

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i did a factory reset and "" force stopped, enabled, updated, disabled, unclicked notifications, and never had an issue since." with no luck.

very annoying.

hopefully google can fix this as it seems to be a common problem.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
why did you do a factory reset if it was fine after you "I force stopped, enabled, updated, disabled, unclicked notifications, and never had an issue since."

Separate issue regarding the Google Keyboard lag that appears so far *knock on wood* to be fixed (see separate thread I have on it). And then the issue stated in this thread on Hangouts came back.

eams1986

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
It may be happening when the updata google sending the file is corrupted then is why the force close what it should do is clean the cell completely,, something not forget to make the corresponding backup so as not to lose data
luck.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues in days so the situation is resolved. Again I wipes my device for a non-related reason, but the fix I used works. Hopefully you have had similar success.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any issues in days so the situation is resolved. Again I wipes my device for a non-related reason, but the fix I used works. Hopefully you have had similar success.

even after the master reset i am still getting the notification.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
even after the master reset i am still getting the notification.

All I can say is I disabled it. Since I am left to presume you have not disabled it I do not know what to tell you.

Since you are post-master reset, try to disable/uninstall, reinstall, and disable notifications again. If you have done that, OR, if you do that, and it continues/has continued, I am fresh out of ideas, and am sorry I cannot personally be of more help.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is I disabled it. Since I am left to presume you have not disabled it I do not know what to tell you.

Since you are post-master reset, try to disable/uninstall, reinstall, and disable notifications again. If you have done that, OR, if you do that, and it continues/has continued, I am fresh out of ideas, and am sorry I cannot personally be of more help.

it is disabled.

thanks though for your assistance.

hopefully it will be corrected and it is just a glitch.